Chapter Thirty Six

✧

Declan well and truly worked out my body last night. I've always known that when it came to having sex, he'd be dominant. But holy shit, last night... that was a fucking whirlwind. I didn't want to admit to him that I've been lying but I couldn't keep it in anymore, I crumbled at the mercy of his body.

His arms are wrapped around me as I nuzzle my face into his pillow. I passed out after our 'play-fighting' session because I have never felt so exhausted in my entire life. But he looked after me, he kissed me, he cuddled me, he asked if I needed anything.

I've never had anyone tie me up before and fuck...it makes me throb at the thought of it.

Declan is another level of dominance and power. I've never felt so alive before.

His thumb brushes over my arm, alerting me that he's awake. Then I feel a pair of lips press to the back of my neck and I exhale a small breath. A smile creeps up on my face, skin flushed from the memories of last night.

"Morning," he rasps and I shudder.

That sleepy voice will live rent free in my head forever.

"Good morning," I whisper.

His arms tighten around me and I enjoy the warmth from his body. "How are you feeling?"

I nod slowly. "I'm okay."

"We need to talk about things," he states.

The smile that was on my face for a few seconds slips away instantly. Shit. I wasn't going to get away with this as easily as I thought. Of course he is waiting for an explanation, I lied straight to his face and I know it will never sit well with him.

"I know," I say before plucking up the courage to twist in the bed and face him.

I flick my gaze up and land my eyes on his. He manoeuvres his arms to hold me close, a hand brushing down the back of my head gently. "What's going on?"

"How did you know?"

"I saw a letter at the cafe, dated a few weeks ago. I shouldn't have been snooping but you shouldn't have been lying to me and pretending that everything was okay when it's not. You promised me to my face yesterday. Why didn't you tell me? I don't understand." A pained expression washes over his face and my throat tightens at the sight.

He thinks I don't trust him. But that is not the case.

"Mum said not to," I sigh, lowering my eyes.

Declan grips my chin and forces my gaze back to his. "So you'd just suffer and lose the cafe instead of telling me?" His brows dip.

I feel my lips tremble. "She got let go from her job," I whisper. "Everything was so messy. We don't have the money to pay off the rest of the mortgage, they want a lump sum. I don't even know if they can do it but because we've been late on payments before, they're basically threatening us."