Chapter Twenty Three

✧

I'm still buzzing off the feeling of taking control and finding an ounce of confidence to give Declan something I've been dreaming of for months. I've had a smile on my face for two days and of course I had to let Demi know that it worked.

Safe to say that she was ecstatic. Wanted me to give her all the juicy details but it didn't feel right to, especially when I don't really know where this is meant to lead us. A nice kiss turned into a sloppy blowjob and I'm not even sorry about it.

He kissed me back. He didn't push me away. He came down my throat.

I can still taste the saltiness on my tongue. Well... I can't but the memory is there and I never want it to fizzle out because he tasted so damn good that I already want more.

Maybe I haven't lost myself after all. That Luca is still somewhere deep inside me.

And my forwardness didn't send Declan running, so I guess it's a win-win.

The cafe this week has been busy and even though I've been worked off my feet, I can't slap this smile from my face because I feel incredible. Demi has been joining me for the odd shift but we still need someone to join indefinitely.

As I place two coffees on a tray and smile at the elderly women whilst I take it to their table for them. They both thank me but I don't want the pair of them covered in boiling liquid, I'd rather have a calm afternoon.

When the bell above the door rings, I glance in the direction as I slip behind the counter once more. "Hey, what can I–" I cut myself off as the young guy walks towards me. "Aris?"

The man with dark brown messy hair and piercing blue eyes that resemble the colour of the sky. I haven't seen him in years but I could recognise that face from anywhere, even if he was a year above me in school. I wouldn't say we were friends back then but more than just acquaintances. Our school was small so everyone knew everyone.

"Hey, Luca," he offers me a smile and shoves his pale hands into his jacket pockets. "Long time no see, huh?"

I nod, my eyes still roaming him. "Yeah..." I trail off. "I haven't seen you since the Greenwood reunion. How have you been?"

The question seems to make Aris' eyes flash with something. "So-so," he exhales. "What about you?"

My lips press to the side. "A lot better than I was a few months ago," I admit.

Aris nods at my words and then rolls his lips together. "So I saw the flyer in the window, about part time staff?" He says, running his hand down the back of his dark hair.

"Oh yeah?" I say in surprise. "Are you interested?"

I focus on his eyes and notice the dark rings that circle them. He looks exhausted and I frown but it's not my place to say anything, I barely know him. "Yeah," he rasps. "I don't necessarily have experience in being a barista but I'm a fast learner and I'm happy to work whatever hours are needed."