Chapter Eighteen

✧

Declan kissed me.

I repeat. Declan fucking kissed me.

When I arrive home that evening, I murmur a quick hello to my mother before bursting into my bedroom and screaming into my pillow. I don't know what possessed me to do such a thing but I have to let it out somehow.

Holy shit. His lips. His greedy tongue.

My entire core clenches and blood rushes to my crotch. I knew this would happen. I'm fucked, totally fucked. I can hardly breathe.

I have no shame in tucking my hand inside my pants and stroking myself to the thought and memory of Declan's lips. The way he pinned me to the wall. I groan, I don't last long.

He kissed me.

He fucking kissed me and I adored every damn second of it.

The next day I ring Alex who is with River after spending the weekend together. I could barely get my words out, still on cloud nine after last night. I mention that I need to see them, to get this out in person before I convince myself it never happened.

Declan hasn't messaged me. It's not like I expected him to message me, it's only ten o'clock in the morning. But now I'm slightly concerned about what this means.

Does he like me?

Did the moment get ahead of him?

Gah. I wish I knew what was going on in his mind.

I know Declan likes to flirt with me but I never thought he'd actually kiss me.

I've been trying to push away this crush for months, thinking that Declan would never see me like that. We're business partners to each other. I said that to him, and he agreed. So what the hell does this mean?

He even mentioned that I must have shit sex if I'd prefer a dessert. Does that make me incredibly lame? Now Declan was probably thinking about how I'm shit in bed.

Apparently he's not if desserts don't even cut it.
Oh God, what am I even saying? I've completely lost the plot.

Later in the afternoon I meet up with Alex and River. We go for a walk around the town and I wrap up warm as the days are getting colder. The countdown to Christmas is soon and I don't want to think about what that'll mean for Chessman's–with Declan or not.

It's always an incredibly stressful time.

I spot Alex and River sitting on a bench, they're talking as I approach. We greet each other with a hug and I perch on the edge beside them. I haven't seen River nearly as much as Alex but I know he recently got a promotion and he's been swamped with making this community better for the children.