39

Shahnaz arrived at the office, catching everyone's attention. She looked quite cool with her newly short hair, resembling a cool tomboy, and her blue hair was making people think twice. Meera came out after a meeting. She glanced at Lalita and said, "I'm with you, no one can kick you out of this company."

A lost smile returned to Lalita's face. Just then, Shahnaz's voice was heard. Meera embraced Shahnaz as soon as she saw her.

"My bestie!"

"Do you have time? Forgot about me?"

I heard some noise and saw Meera hugging Shahnaz. I closed the door so that no sound would disturb. I put on my earphones.

Lisa shouted, "Nainaaaaa."

Naina said, "Shut up, just shut up! I'm already frustrated with why I kept you here, just do your work quietly."

"Don't shout, I had to tell you something. I've been saying it for half an hour but you're not listening."

"Speak up then," Naina said annoyed.

"You're getting jealous of Shahnaz. I know there's something between you and Madam Meera."

"There's nothing, neither she nor I have anything."

"Why are you hiding it then? Your cheeks are revealing everything, you're burning with jealousy inside."

"Shut up! How much do you talk?"

"If there's nothing, then tell me. I have no problem adjusting anyway," Lisa said with a laugh.

"Are you flirting with me? Me?"

"Yes, because you're very beautiful," Lisa said, coming closer to me, locking eyes.

Just then, Meera arrived. "Naina, look Sha... (Meera's face lit up upon seeing Lisa close by) I came at the wrong time. I'll just close the door again."

Meera left and I looked at Lisa angrily, but she smiled and said, "I didn't do anything."

I got up to leave and Naina said, "Well, you can't really tie down a real girlfriend, just pretend, and have some fun yourself."

"Lisa, you don't know, Meera gets offended very quickly, her anger is very dangerous, she can do anything, she doesn't listen to anything."

"Are you supposed to keep hiding like this for a lifetime or should you also get married?"

"What? Where did the talk of marriage come from? She is very afraid. What will people say and all?"

"So she'll have to gather courage, otherwise, this is wrong," Lisa said standing up.

Shahnaz and Meera kept talking for hours, then they went for dinner. I always felt that Meera was so open with Shahnaz, which she wasn't for anyone else. Not even for me. I want the respect she gives to Shahnaz. Marriage is a later matter.

After saying goodbye to Shahnaz and sitting in the car, I was passing by in my car when I stopped and greeted Meera.

"You here? Following me? Was Lisa not enough for you?" (teasingly)

"You have so little trust in me." (smiling with anger)

"I trust you, Lisa is very cunning, you are very innocent." (Meera warned)

"Innocent? I'm running a company. Not a child." (said loudly)

"Then you started getting angry again." (Meera asked)

"I'm tired of your thinking, Meera. I need someone who understands me." (I said, feeling troubled)

"Oh, so now I don't seem sensible to you? That Lisa is smarter than me." (said in a calm voice with a sarcastic tone)