25

Naina paused for about 4-6 seconds, then chuckled and said, " She did not give me the opportunity to think."

Meera asked, "Naina, why don't you sit next to Lalita?"

Naina replied with a smile, "No, I want to avoid making her jealous. I'm fine with sitting beside you."

The bus stopped, everyone picked up their bags for tracking, getting ready for the adventurous journey ahead.

Naina held Meera's hand and said, "Let's go!"

Naina thought to herself, "Meera's touch feels so different, comfortable, and lovely, as if I should always stay like this."

Meera glanced at Naina and smiled slightly, then started climbing the hill. Meera was ascending comfortably while Naina fell behind. Aahan went ahead comfortably, but Jay stopped and joked, "Are you going to stop? I won't go any faster."

"Come on, Jay, don't give up," Naina encouraged.

"My heart said that stopping for a while wouldn't change anything, anyway, this isn't a race."

Naina stopped.

"Your heart said? What happened to your heart now?" (smiling)

"Now, it's not a heart anymore, it's turned into stone."

"Why?"

They both sat down.

"People forget, I'm also human, they want to use me and throw me away. Lalita didn't do that, but she thought I was crazy. We never understood each other's thoughts, now there's no hope, no one will understand."

"I didn't know you were such a sad person."

"The ones who laugh the most are often the saddest."

"Why are you troubled? Aahan left you alone, didn't he?"

Jay joked, "He never leaves, in our friendship, I stand as a lone friend."

Naina had a smile on her face as all the memories flooded back to her. "Aahan isn't bad, he just used to love me. Whatever happened between us, he must be trying to forget. He's a very loving guy, Aahan."

Excitedly, Jay said, "Let's leave Aahan behind!"

Naina chuckled and said, "Wait, keep calm, Meera has also moved ahead."

"You're not sad that your friend left you behind?"

"No, because she must be waiting ahead for sure. It's her habit to go ahead and then watch me coming."

"You both look like a couple." (Naina and Jay are walking)

"We're dating, for now."

"No way, since when did Meera say yes to you?"

"Why are you so shocked?"

"She seems very attitude-filled to me, she doesn't talk to anyone except Shahnaz."

"It's not like that, Meera doesn't make friends quickly, she only talks to a limited number of people."

"Well, I didn't know that. Come on, your girlfriend is waiting for you."

Meera stood up, waiting for Naina, and overheard the conversation. "Girlfriend?"

Naina playfully pinched Meera's cheek and said, "Yes, Jay knows that we are dating."

Aahan playfully hit Jay on the back, "Boom!"

Jay shouted, "Aahan!"

Jay started running behind Aahan.