12

Next day, Naina is taking a walk at 5 in the morning, looking at the moon.

"Forgive me, Moon, I haven't visited you in a while. But I'm here now. How are you?"

Meera places her hand on Naina's eyes and asks, "Guess who?"

Naina realizes it's Meera and remembers she didn't reply to her message, so she decides to respond.

"Meera," Naina says.

Meera asks, "Can you come straight to my office this evening? Shahnaz and I are planning a trip."

"You go with Shahnaz; what will I do there?" Naina questions.

"We friends will have fun there. If you want, you can bring Aahan, but Yukati will also join."

Naina starts walking and says, "You'll be alone if everyone brings their partners."

Meera, laughing, says, "You'll be there. I'll ask Aahan to share you with me."

Naina, with serious eyebrows, responds, "But I don't like sharing. I either want the whole thing or none at all."

"Got it. So you'll come alone, and you'll be my complete partner," Meera says.

In an annoyed tone, Naina says, "I'm not coming."

Meera is surprised by Naina's behavior and asks, "Naina, is everything okay? Did I do something wrong?"

Naina, with a fake smile, says, "Please stop pretending to be nice to me. We're not friends. I know you're just trying to remind me; there's no need. You go with Shahnaz; I have a lot of work."

Naina starts to leave, and Meera grabs her hand, saying, "No! If you come, everything will be fine. Otherwise, the trip will be canceled, and I won't go."

"Is spending time with your best friend not important to you?"

"You also ignore Aahan to spend time with me."

"Because I thought we were really good friends."

"Thought? Does that mean we are?"

"No, you don't hug me like you hug Shahnaz. You don't consider me your own."

"What? Don't tell me you're jealous."

"Do you also think I'm behaving like your girlfriend?"

"No, not at all. Wait." (Meera takes a deep breath)

"Let's stop talking from today." (Naina fast-walks ahead)

"You're scared of me. Why are you running away?" (Meera runs and grabs her hand)

"I'm not scared of anyone. I feel like breaking Shahnaz's face because of you, but I'm quiet because she's your bestie."

"Typical girlfriend behavior. She'll say we're a couple." Meera laughs.

Naina sees that Meera is still holding her hand. Naina tries to free her hand, but Meera tightens her grip.

"Now, until you let go, I won't tell you what this anger is about. Even though she's my best friend, I'm not leaving."

Naina, in anger, says, "I'm not coming."

Meera, astonished by Naina's behavior, had been staring at Naina for 10 seconds. Naina felt like she might have a heart attack if Meera didn't say anything in the next few seconds.

Meera said, "Shall we go?"

Naina didn't say anything, and Meera, observing her, said, "It's okay, you can also touch me wherever you want."

Naina was taken aback by this permission. She couldn't believe what she had just heard.

Without saying anything, Naina hugged Meera. Meera returned the hug.

"Are you okay?" Meera asked, patting her on the back.

"I'm feeling so good. I didn't know a friend could be so nice."

"Hmm," Meera's eyes were filled with many thoughts.

Naina closed her eyes while hugging. When she opened them, she realized it was morning. People were coming around. Naina slowly moved away from Meera and said,

"Bye, you must have work at your office, and it's my holiday."

"Are you coming to the evening plans?" Meera asked.

"Hmm, but I'll come with Aahan. You should bring someone for your date too."

"Okay, see you." 

In the evening, everyone is sitting in a circle, creating a lively atmosphere for the trip. Naina is sitting with Aahan, Shahnaz is playfully arguing with Yukati, while Meera, without having anyone by her side, is lost in thought while observing everyone.

"Everyone seems so happy. Happiness isn't something everyone gets, just like sorrow doesn't reach everyone."

Aahan suggests playing Truth or Dare.

Shahnaz suggests, "Since everyone here is a couple, let's play a game of 'drink and kiss.' Whoever is sitting next to you, you either kiss them or take a drink."

Naina is seated between Meera and Aahan, with Shahnaz on Meera's side, and Yukati on Shahnaz's side. Aahan is seated on the other side.

Naina protests, "No, this is not right."

Aahan agrees immediately, but Meera remains silent. She brings a beer bottle and places it on the table.

Yukati teasingly says to Shahnaz, "Look at Naina's condition, this is what real pressure from both sides looks like."

Shahnaz laughs heartily.

Naina insists, "I don't drink."

Shahnaz counters, "Then kiss if you don't drink."

Aahan is visibly pleased, while Meera shows no reaction. Naina is anxiously observing Meera.

Shahnaz says, "Meera, spin the bottle. Whoever it points to can either drink or kiss."

As the bottle spins, it points towards Meera, and she opts for a drink. Shahnaz spins next, and it points to Yukati. They share a kiss. Naina observes her first experience of two girls kissing, intrigued by the scene.

Aahan excitedly spins next, but it again points towards Meera. Aahan looks disappointed, Shahnaz observes Meera, and Meera takes another sip of her drink.

Aahan stands up, laughing, and says, "This is not right, I'm not playing." He heads to the washroom.

Naina spins next, and the bottle points towards the beer.

Feeling nervous, Naina hesitates to pick up the beer, almost drank then Meera grabs her hand and kisses her. It's not a profound kiss, just a touch of the lips, and 

Meera says, "Next."