24

Naina said, "I think, I like... (she looked at Lalita's face, she was wishing her all the best) Lalita."

Naina thought to herself, "Damn! I messed up big time."

Meera started coughing, "What? Since when?"

Naina, feeling scared, said, "Can you help me? I need someone to make Lalita jealous. I want to know if she likes me or not."

Meera chuckled, "Why don't you just ask her directly? Rejection isn't that bad."

Naina wondered, "Does she not care? What does it matter to her? My first love is left incomplete. Damn, sad songs are playing in my head."

Naina said, "I can't ask because I feel shy."

Meera said, "Shall I go and ask?"

Naina, almost laughing, crying, and angry, said, "No, Meera. I need someone to date and make her jealous. She's so beautiful, like a fairy. If I don't get Lalita, I'll die. What will I, a helpless woman, do? My first love will remain incomplete. When I see Lalita, it feels like she's my first love, and drums start playing in my heart. (Naina speaks with movie dialogues in her mind, trying to give hints to Meera.)"

Meera, pondering, said, "Okay, okay, there's no need to be so sad. You can ask Teena or even Aahan for help."

"Teena said she looks at me like a sister, she refused, it hurt. None of my friends are helping me." (Naina fakes crying.)

"Naina, be strong. Lalita is a good girl, and that's what I'm thinking for you. I may get angry, but I... I and you can go on a date, I mean a fake date," Meera suggested.

Naina said, "Finally, your overacting came to some use."

Naina, pretending to be shocked, said, "What? You, no way, absolutely not. Your age and mine..."

"Okay, then ask Jay. I don't have a problem, but I don't want you to think I'll give you old vibes, and Jay is your age," Meera replied.

Naina quickly changed the subject, "No, no, I agree. I'm ready, but what do we have to do?"

Meera said, "For now, just sit on the bus, clean your face. What a mess you've made by crying."

Meera was still thinking, then she went and sat on the bus.

Naina was waiting in the washroom with Lalita and Teena.

Teena asked, "Did you tell her quickly? Did you confess?"

"No, I messed everything up," Naina replied.

Lalita asked, "You seem happy, don't lie."

"But I managed it. I said I like Lalita and that I need someone to make her jealous," Naina explained.

Excitedly, Teena asked, "Really?  Did she say Yes for Fake dating?"

Naina nodded in response.

All three of them hugged and started dancing.

Meanwhile, Aahan was calling Naina on the bus.

"What's Naina's plan? I want to know," Jay asked.

"Don't worry, everything will be fine, cutie my cutie," Jay replied.

"Stop calling me that, you'll get a punch one day," 

Jay retorted, "Oh, so you were kicking me at night for this?"

"I have a habit of playing footsie in my sleep."

"You've turned my rasgulla butt into a pancake with all that kicking, I can't even sit properly."

"It's not my fault, I told you to sleep on the sofa."

Jay pulled Aahan's cheek and said, "No matter what you do, I'm going to sleep on the bed from now on. Let's see what you do next time."

Aahan, feeling scared, said, "Ouch, it hurts. What will you do next time?"

Jay just rolled his eyes. Aahan is thinking,

"What mess is he cooking now? I never understand him."

Aahan was trying to control his laughter as he looked out the window.

"Rasgulla butt," he thought to himself.

Jay stood up to get a bottle of water, and Aahan couldn't help but glance at Jay's butt.

Thinking, "It really does look like a rasgulla, so cute. Wait, wait, what am I doing? Aahan, stop it, you're a damn idiot. You can't forget Naina; she's in your heart. No one can change that."

Jay, in an excited tone (which is actually his real tone), said, "Have you ever feel 'HMM'?"

Aahan, in annoyance, asked, "What's 'HMM'?"

Jay, getting upset, replied, "I've noticed you're so affectionate with everyone. Why do you get irritated with me?"

Angrily, Aahan retorted, "Because not everyone finds my face adorable like you do, your 'cutie' nickname annoys me.

Just then, Naina arrived, Meera stood up, and Naina sat by the window. Naina noticed the kohl in Meera's eyes.

Meera asked, "Can you tell me, how is Lalita?"

"I didn't find out either."

"When did it happen?"

"Just on the first day of college."

"Right, she's the popular girl in college, it was bound to happen."

"Yes, she's very lovely," Naina said, looking straight at Meera.

"And tell me, what do you like about her?"

Naina stared at Meera and said, "The way she cares, it feels so good. No one has ever made me feel so special. There's nothing particularly special about her, she's just like any other person, but she keeps hurting my heart. She's the most beautiful girl in the world, and her touch feels like a volcano to me, it turns my body into lava."

Meera tried to ignore her, giving a slight smile, and said, "Alright, alright, I understand."

Naina chuckled inwardly, "Maybe she's feeling jealous. Sorry Meera, this isn't a good way, but I need to know the truth. I wish I had the courage to ask you directly."

Aahan messaged,

"What happened? Why are you showing so many teeth?"

Naina replied, "Meera and I are fake dating, don't ask how, it's done."

Aahan typed, "Haha, congrats! Take care of my sister."

Naina typed back, "Yes, you take care too." (Naina smiled)

Meera noticed that Naina seemed very happy chatting with someone and Meera started feeling a bit tense.

Meera asked, "Who was it?"

Naina replied, "It was Aahan. Everything between us is fine now; we talked yesterday."

Meera took a sip of water and said, "Didn't you think of anyone else besides Lalita? There are other beautiful people here too."

Naina is looking at Meera, her eyes fixed on Meera's.