10

Meera has been receiving continuous calls, and when I saw her ignoring them for a while, I checked, only to find her looking at another girl outside the theater. The other girl was also on the phone and seemed to be looking at Meera.

"Shahnaz, are you here?" (Meera was in shock)

Shahnaz was a college friend, as Aahan had mentioned once before.

Shahnaz immediately caught on when she saw Meera.

"What are you doing here?"

Shahnaz is saying this as if she wants to explain something, "Give me a chance."

"We are not friends, Shahnaz" (Meera's tone went from high to low)

Meera looked at me.

"Naina, go home. I'll meet my friend and catch up."

"Meera, who is this? Introduce me too."

Shahnaz said, "Hi Naina, I am Shahnaz, Meera's best friend."

Meera said, "Just friends. Let's go somewhere else and talk."

Shahnaz said, "Meera, don't hide anything from Naina. She's your friend. You've started making friends with kids nowadays, Meera."

Naina didn't understand if it was right to leave. As Naina left, Meera messaged me.

"Where are you?"

"Stopping a taxi."

"Wait, I'll pick you up. My car is parked outside."

Meera was visibly angry, and it showed on her face.

"What did Shahnaz do?"

"Long story."

"I have plenty of time. But let's talk over coffee in a cafe."

"Another time, I'll tell you."

After Naina left, 

Meera kissed naina quickly on the cheek and said, "Trust me!"

naina wiped her cheek and said, "Are you going to explain things,." 

Meera is thinking "There was something in her eyes for me, trust was its name"

We ordered coffee at a cafe and sat down. 

Meera is telling to naina

"In school, some girls had played pranks on me during cold weather, and others had spilled ink on my shirt. After that, I had been scared to make friends, but in 7th grade, I became friends with Jagdish, a sweet boy who helped me with homework. However, after 10th grade, Jagdish changed, got a girlfriend, and I felt lonely for the first time. (His eyes showed pain, as if he had lost everything.)

I started living alone to avoid feeling that way. In the first year of college, Shahnaz became my lab partner. She had big eyes and curly hair. She was carefree and a bit crazy. Everyone called her Maggi. One day, fed up, I asked, "Why do you call her Maggi? Is anyone fat or dark among you? Did someone say something to you?" After that, Shahnaz started talking to me more. She spoke less but said good things. She became a good friend. I felt I had found a chance to make a friend again.

However, she started developing feelings for me. When she found out, her behavior changed, and she distanced herself. She got a boyfriend, and I kept calling and apologizing, but she wanted to move on and cut ties with me. I called her 700-800 times, sent flowers, hoping we could be friends again. She thought I didn't understand her love, but I lost a friend, too. (Meera spoke as if holding back tears, but her voice had a hint of sadness.)