29

Meera didn't give any response. Naina got up from the sofa and went to Meera's blanket, then lay down beside her.

Meera kept her eyes closed, and Naina turned towards her. She whispered slowly, "Are you asleep?"

Meera remained silent, listening to everything.

Naina looked into Meera's eyes and began to smile. Her gaze fell on Meera's lips, and she covered her face with both hands, as if she was extremely embarrassed.

"Can I kiss you?" Naina asked softly.

Still, Meera didn't say anything.

Naina slowly leaned towards Meera's lips, and Meera's heartbeat raced. Meera thought to herself, "Can she hear my heartbeat?"

Meera started clenched her fists. Naina stopped just an inch away from Meera's lips, about to pull back, when Meera suddenly opened her eyes. Naina looked at Meera's eyes as if she had a heart attack. Naina quickly moved back from the bed and ended up falling off it.

"Damn it! Were you pretending to sleep?" Naina said in a frightened tone.

"What were you doing, Naina? Whatever you were doing, it was wrong. You don't understand, our friendship ends today. Never do this to me again, stay away from me. I don't know what you want, but please, just stay in one place, Naina!" Meera said in a very angry tone.

Meera got up and went to sleep on the sofa. Naina, still lying on the floor, crawled back onto the bed. She held her waist and whispered to herself,

"It hurts so much! We're not friends. What have I done? stay in one place? Angry even while moving from the bed to the sofa. I was just joking. It's all my fault. My mischievous mind always entertains useless thoughts. Now Meera must hate me more than anything."

A solitary tear rolled down from Naina's left eye. She covered herself with the blanket and fell asleep. 

Naina quickly got up and went home. When Meera woke up, she felt a lot of pain in her lower back due to sleeping on the sofa. She noticed that Naina wasn't on the bed; it was already 6 in the morning.

Meera thought to herself, "Naina must be in the building's garden because she loves the moon."

Meera freshened up and got ready for office, while Naina got ready for college.

Teena was happy to see Naina back at college.

Teena hugged Naina and said, "You look crazy, sis!"

"You're the one who's gone crazy," Naina replied.

Lalita said, "Welcome back."

Naina smiled and said, "Thank you. I need some notes. How's everything in college?"

Aahan saw Naina, Jay was standing with her. Aahan shouted excitedly, "OMG, you're finally here!"

Jay said, "Naina! We missed you so much! Our team is back together. Lunch is on me today! Shall we go out to eat, to a restaurant?"

Naina was thrilled that everyone missed her. "I shouldn't have disappeared like that. I'm so sorry! But from now on, I'll come to college every day. Group hug?" Everyone hugged Naina together.

Naina thought to herself, "We become so crazy with our feelings. I've hurt so many people. From now on, I won't give LOVE so much importance. Anyway, she is not my friend anymore."

3 years later.

Aahan attends classes to become a writer and also works part-time at a novel publishing company. Jay has become a famous singer, with one of his songs becoming a hit on YouTube.

Song: "When will you say, do you love me?"

Aahan loves this song; it's his phone's ringtone. Jay has been very busy for the past 1 year and 2 months, getting jobs in big companies. Aahan has been giving many interviews to work with his favorite writer, Heer Rathod, and finally, he got selected. He called Jay, but Jay is currently getting makeup done, and his phone is with his manager, who is already on a call.