11

On Sunday, Meera went to meet Shahnaz. Shahnaz introduced Meera to her girlfriend.

"She is Yukati."

"Hi Yukati," Meera said.

Meera added, "She is my friend, Naina."

Yukati asked, "Friend? How did you two become friends? She looks like someone going to school."

Shahnaz said, "You are right, babe. When Meera makes friends, it's definitely something significant."

Naina, with a smile, said, "We are neighbors; she is my boyfriend's sister. It's not that complicated."

Yukati, smiling, inquired, "Boyfriend? Who is he? Tell me too?"

While Meera was on a call, talking from a distance, Shahnaz asked her, "Are you lying? You two look like a couple. Tell the truth."

Naina, nervously laughing, replied, "A couple? That can't happen between us. She is older than me, and she's my boyfriend's sister."

Yukati, with a Sherlock-like inquiry, said, "Whether it can happen or not, I don't want to know. Darling, tell me, do you love her?"

Meera came back, and Naina seemed lost in thought.

"How did Naina's boyfriend seem to you?" ,Meera asked Shahnaz.

Shahnaz then told Meera, "She is beautiful, Meera. Is this some plan to become a girlfriend?"

Meera, with a laugh, looked at Naina and then said to Shahnaz, "What you're thinking is not true."

Shahnaz said, "You always run away from relationships. I know you are a good runner, but this is not a race. Don't run away. Stay, Meera."

Meera said with a smile, "You haven't changed at all. Do you think I can fall in love with someone? No one was made for me."

Surprised, Naina asked, "No one was made for you? It's not like that."

Meera, in anger, got up and left.

Shahnaz, who was about to leave, said to Yukati, "I think Naina should talk to her."

Naina said, "We are friends, but not that close. I don't know what makes her angry."

Yukati told Shahnaz, "Babe, I have to leave now. Remember, you have to cook tonight. Check on Meera after talking to her."

Naina told Yukati, "You are the perfect girlfriend."

Yukati, with a blink of an eye, said, "You too."

Shahnaz, suppressing her laughter, said, "Yukati, go now."

Naina, looking surprised, thought, "What? What does this mean?"

Shahnaz went to Meera,

Meera said, "It's not my fault. I didn't love you. You thought I loved you." (said angrily)

Shahnaz, very lovingly, said, "I'm sorry! I projected my feelings onto you. I had no right to decide anyone's feelings."

Tears filled Meera's eyes. "You're stupid. After all these days, you come back with your girlfriend. I had so much to tell you. I hate you." (Meera said, hugging Shahnaz)

Naina, from a distance, tried to figure out if everything was okay or not?

Shahnaz, patting Meera's head, said, "Aww, jealous? You also brought your girlfriend."

Meera looked at Naina, distanced herself from Shahnaz, wiped away her tears, and said,

"Naina! She's just a friend."

Shahnaz, with a laugh, said, "Are you scared of Naina? Can't even hug in front of Naina. Now tell me, what should I name this friendship?"

"Do you have no other topic of conversation? Forget about love affairs. I have college gossip."

"I don't like gossip now. Just stay fine. Forgive me for leaving you." (said while holding her ear)

"Okay, fine. Let's go have coffee. No girlfriend talk in front of Naina. She's my brother's girlfriend."

"Ops! Your brother is lucky."

Shahnaz held Meera's hand and brought her, while Naina observed. Shahnaz looked at Naina and then, distanced from Shahnaz, Meera looked at Naina with teary eyes, unable to smile.

Shahnaz said, "Naina, any plans with your boyfriend?"

Meera sat beside Shahnaz, where Yukati was sitting, and there was no one on Naina's side.

Naina said to Meera,

"Actually, you two talk. I've been getting calls from Aahan for a while. I forgot to tell you, bye."

Meera said, "Where will you go alone? I'll drop you. Sit, I'll talk to Aahan."

Shahnaz, looking at Meera, said, "Couple things, you won't understand. Let Naina go."

Naina left without making eye contact with Meera and then remembered her phone was left on the table. She quickly picked it up and left.

Naina was thinking,

"What was that? Shahnaz made Meera a friend again. Good thing, maybe more than a friend is not needed. Yukati might feel betrayed, but Meera was Shahnaz's first love. She's so comfortable with her. She never cried in front of me, and for the first time, I saw her hugging Shahnaz, like little kids. They are the best for each other. Even I am not such a good friend. I'm not feeling good because Meera is happier with her. Is it all an act because I'm her brother's girlfriend? Maybe that's it, but her brother is lucky."

A tear fell from Naina's eye. She stood outside the restaurant, thinking, and then on her way home, she met Aahan. Aahan offered her a bike ride.

"Aahan, let's go on a long drive."

"Vroom vroom, let's go."

As Naina went on the long drive, she felt the cool breeze, and her mood improved. Meera messaged her,

"Have you reached home?"

Naina read it and left it on seen. She then headed towards the party with Aahan. Meera called, but there was no response from Naina.