30

Naina and Meera exchanged a handshake.

"Hey Naina! Welcome," Meera said.

"Thanks, Meera Ma'am," Naina replied.

The HR joked, "You two guessed each other's names without even trying! You're like magicians."

Naina and Meera shared a smile and said goodbye. Meera sat in her office, squeezing a stress ball.

Naina immediately called Lalita.

"You coming to our restaurant?" Lalita asked.

"Yeah, I'll be there. Just send me the address. Got a lunch thing here," Naina replied.

After hanging up, the HR invited Meera and Naina for lunch. They hopped out of the car, and Lalita spotted them. She rushed to her restaurant and gave Naina a big hug as soon as she saw her.

The HR said to Lalita, "I tried your burger, it was so good! We're having lunch at your restaurant to celebrate the new joiner."

Lalita smiled and replied, "Thank you so much for your kind words."

Meera hugged Lalita and Naina, then quickly turned away. She headed straight to the restaurant.

Lalita said to Meera, "Thanks for coming, and thank you so much for the offer."

"You deserve it, Lalita. Where's Teena?" Meera asked.

"She's making sure the food turns out perfect. She's over there," Lalita replied.

Naina chimed in, "Lalita, Meera Ma'am offered you something."

"She offered me a modeling gig," Lalita explained.

Naina got up and hugged Lalita again, saying, "I know you are so beautiful."

Meera looked irritated and started looking at her phone. As soon as Naina mentioned "beautiful," Meera glanced at Lalita intently.

Meera was like, "Is that why she's so into her? Are they like, a thing now?"

Everyone ordered their food, and while they were shooting the breeze, Teena brought their meals to the table.

Meera asked, "How'd you find the office, Naina?"

"It's cool...(she said, kinda softly) except for the boss," Naina replied.

"Oh! And your new boss, what do you think?" Meera prodded.

"She's alright!"

The HR chimed in, "You guys act like you've known each other forever; there's some serious chemistry here."

Naina muttered under her breath, "Chemistry, my foot! She ditched our friendship without a word, she's a total demon."

Teena started setting the food on the table.

Naina said, "Teena, this place looks amazing."

Teena replied as she served the dishes.

"Congratulations on your first job too, enjoy it! Don't stress about the bill," Lalita said.

Meera replied, "The company will foot the bill."

Teena noticed Meera and said, "Meera? Here? Long time, how have you been?"

The HR added, "You know Meera too."

Teena chuckled, saying, "We used to be friends. Naina and Meera are besties."

The HR laughed and asked, "Why are you joking, Teena? Naina and Meera?"

Meera interjected, "Teena, let's keep it formal! We're not friends, and I don't know any girl named Naina."