It Comes Together

Start from the beginning

They circled around the village. Maybe they would pick up her scent, a trail, a hint, anything. But they didn’t. The minutes grew into hours and after a while they noticed that the sun hid behind the horizon. At that point Renesmee considered never returning home. How could she? It was all her fault for not taking care of her younger sister. If she comes back without her twin her parents would be very angry. She just knew it. Jacob of course tried to reason with her. Bella and Edward won’t be mad at her, he told her, but she didn't believe it. At that point they were just wandering aimlessly.

“Renesmee! Carlie! Jacob! Where are you?!” Renesmee heard her mother’s voice echoing from far away.

The stars were bright in the sky. It became obvious that they ran out of time and the family came searching for them as they didn't go home early. She choked back a few tears. She didn't want to face them. Not without Carlie.

“Jake, quickly. Hide.” She whined to him quietly. Even if he wanted to obey, (he didn't) they got found before he could.

“They are here!” Came Alice from behind them. Renesmee closed her eyes, defeated.

“There you are!” Edward came second and pulled Renesmee into a tight hug. “Why didn't you come home? We were so worried.”

He searched with his eyes for his second daughter. Ren was shaking in his hands. How could she tell them? She couldn't even show it. She wanted to disappear so badly. Jacob stood there frozen with ears back like a shy dog. They didn't have to speak. Edward read every detail from that afternoon. His eyes widened and snapped his head back to Alice.

“I can't see her. It’s like they haven't decided where they will go.” She murmured mainly for herself while she stared into the future.

Renesmee purposefully zoned out. She just couldn't listen as her mother’s heart broke from the news. The quick talking about who might find her sister and where would they take her. The unwanted comfort as she cried her eyes out. It was all horrible.

“We check the riverside. They have a boat there, that is sure. Bella, will you take Renesmee home? It is late.” Edward gave the orders. Everyone went to their destination.

Jacob followed the vampires hoping to be of help. They followed over both sides of the river searching for that boat where they suspected to find Carlie. He felt like he was running on gunpowder barrels that are ready to explode at any moment. He waited when the family would jump on him, accusing how he could lose their child. Wasn't he supposed to protect them? How could he be so careless? He knew it was coming.

“You could have come back immediately.” Edward only told him that as an answer to his thoughts.

Nothing else. No blaming. No shouting. No fighting. That wasn't important. What was important to find the lost child. Everything else was secondary. This turn of events didn't help him feel less blamed. Even worse. He found himself more pressed by their silence. He wished he would get yelled at. At least he would get over it quickly.

“They aren’t here! We missed them!” Alice yelled from the other side and then gasped.

Another vision hit her and she stayed still the whole time. Jasper patiently holded her so she wouldn't fall over as her body went limp when she experienced the future.

“That son of a bitch.” Edward hissed as he observed his sister’s foretelling. A thin shrub snapped under his hands.

What did they see? What will happen? Jacob panicked.

“What did you see?” Jasper asked when Alice returned to the present.

She didn't say a word, just stared right back at Edward who wore the grimmest expression that Jacob ever saw. And that said something.