Peaceful Waters

"Mommy!" Remesmee rushed to Bella when she saw her. As Alice foretold after two days her plane landed at Seattle.

"Hi baby. You grew." Bella said as she lifted her up. Edward stepped closer with me holding his hand. He placed a kiss on Bella's cheek.

"Welcome back." He said. After two miserable days he finally relaxed. Not like we didn't see that everything went as planned. He was still annoyingly nervous.

The other three couples were hugging as well. Esme and Carlisle shared a peaceful moment while Rosalie and Emmett exchanged a long kiss like they were at the ending of a bad movie.

My not so little family then went home together. Fine, not so together. We had to ride in three cars because we didn't fit in one. I looked outside at the window when the peculiar decorations caught my eyes.

"Dad." I started while I didn't lift my eyes from the scenery.

"Yes?" He answered from the driver seat.

Fun fact since we were born he never ever stepped across the speed limit. When Bella was human she always complained about how dangerous it is but he just shook it off. Since he is a father he didn't have the nerve to risk our lifes at all.

"Is Christmass coming up?" I asked.

It took him a second to answer me. He completely forgot about Christmass. And the fact that I knew about it sooner than him...

"Yes, I think it is in two weeks." He said finally.

"What is Christmas?" Renesmee asked curiously from her child seat. Of course she hadn't had one before.

"It is a yearly celebration." Bella turned back to explain. "The Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus, and the non Christians are celebrate it as a family tradition."

"Who is Jesus?" Ren asked again. She just had to know everything.

"I think Carlisle is more fitting to explain this." Edward said. "You should ask him when we get home."

Well Carlisle grew up as a pastor's son after all. He knew everything that is religion related.

At home we unpacked the bags and it happened that the boys brought home some souvenirs. They bought a ton of postcards which showed all of the attractions of Italy like the Colosseum, the Tower of Pisa ect. Renesmee spread them out in the middle of the livingroom so she could observe them. Rosalie told some stories to each location which caught my sister's interest.

At the other side of the room Bella was telling her tale about the visit in Volterra to the non-telepath and non-seer family members.

"So Aro told me that my immunity is actually a shield. Like a defensive skill. He thinks I might be able to use it on others as well. He of course offered me a place to stay and train in the guard but I refused." She told them. Everyone who didn't entertain Renesmee was listening in interest. Me too from the rug.

"Maybe Eleazar could help. He is an expert in this matter after all." Carlisle mused.

"Eleazar from Denali?" Bella asked. They met only once at their wedding.

"Yes. It is Eleazar's gift actually. He can sense and identify others' skills. Aro was quite fond of him when he served in the guard." Carlisle told more.

"He was in the guard?" Bella asked in disbelief and with a slight of horror. It didn't avoid the family's attention.

"You know the Volturi is not necessarily the evil." Jasper said. "They are the reason we can live in peace like that. When I was with Maria I saw the Southern war. And I can tell you it was a bloodbath. If the Volturi didn't came and didn't intervene it...." He got interrupted.