Some Lose Ends

At the Denali house I slept like I was dead. When we came we forgot to bring our baby bed. Not so surprisingly our cousin coven didn't have one as there isn't any child living with them. So what was there to do? We had to sleep in a full queen size bed. It was pure heaven I tell you. The pillows were huge and soft. I literally get lost under my blanket. At some point I banned my family from waking me up. Surprisingly they obeyed.

So this morning I laid in my cloudy dreamland like a starfish. It was more lunchtime if i think about it. Our guest room was bright and empty. My family must have started the day without me. I sat up and in my pajamas I tiptoed out of the room.
I heard that in the livingroom Edward was talking on the phone.

"Are you sure you didn't take it into the drawer?" Edward asked.

I heard with my hightend ears as Carlisle answered him.

"No, I looked everywhere. Are you sure you didn't take it with you by accident?" He asked.

"No. I would know."Edward, annoyed, massaged his temple with his hand.

"What disappeared?" I asked, looking up at him as he paced back and forth in the room.

"Good morning Carlie'' He smiled at me. Morning clearly passed hours ago. "Grandpa sends his regards." He passed me the message.

"So what disappeared?" I pressed again as I didn't get an answer.

"Carlisle's journal." He said with a sigh finally.

"Which he writes the measurements about us?" I try to clarify

"Yes, that's one." Edward said while he listens as Carlisle explains how he looked everywhere.

"Maybe he left over at the hospital?" I tried to give an idea.

"Maybe." Edward passed my info to him. Also he was not sure. Carlisle said her goodbyes and went to find his notes there.

"Are you hungry? " Edward picked me up.

"Yes a little." I said and we went into the kitchen. I ate my fresh pancakes with maple syrup. Thank god the sweet flavors still taste good. As a hybrid my tasting buds differ from a normal human's, so I have to be picky about what my body really accepts.

"Where are the others?" I searched the room as it was hauntingly empty.

"This morning your mother started to train her shield. Renesmee and the others went to cheer for her." Edward told me. He was sitting opposite me and watched me as I ate. I already got used to the audience. They always watched when we had to eat or sleep or exist...

"How is she doing?" I asked between two bites.

"As any beginners do." He answered with a shrug. He was in a good mood this morning.

I hummed at it. After my breakfast I changed and we went outside where the others were. Kate and Bella were at the treeline practicing. Renesmee was on Irina's lap. She braided her hair at the moment. Next to them sat Carmen, Tanya and Eleazar. Eleazar paid close attention to the training and gave some advice when it was needed. Tanya stood next to them and came to talk to us.

"How are they doing?" I asked first. Edward wanted to ask this same question but I was faster. He glanced down at me while I just smiled at him back smugly.

"Eleazar says the shield is stretchy and strong. Now the goal is to push it outside from the mind." Tanya answered while she took note that Renesmee's personality resembles Bella's. But I am more my father's daughter. Me and Edward snorted at the same time at that thought. Then we glanced at each other again amused. Tanya hardly stopped herself from laughing out loud.