It Comes Together

That day was the first day in Renesmee's life that she regretted that it even happened. She thought back on it ever so often, tearing the memory apart piece by piece. What would she do differently if she had the chance to relive it? To change it?

Firstly she wouldn't be all moody. She would be happy and observant like she always was. She wouldn't be upset that she got punished even if that was her first time being punished. She wouldn't be so dramatic about it. She wouldn't think that she didn't deserve it because she just wanted to feel pain! She wouldn't think that it wasn't as a big deal as her parents made it to be and she would just take the consequences with grace. Like Carlie, when she gets grounded. Because she gets grounded all the time.

She would be happy and smart enough to tell her sister not to go into the village for some snack for the abandoned jaguar cubs. She would tell her that Jacob can hunt for them and it would be fresh and better. That way they wouldn't get attacked by the people and she wouldn't lose her twin.

Gosh, how she hated herself for losing Carlie. She hated that she was so scared. From what? Humans? She should have been fighting. She learned the feeling of pain so she could protect herself and her family with it and when the storm came she was useless. More than useless.

She hated that Jacob had to grab them like a bag and throw them on his back. She was so incompetent that she couldn't even climb on her own. If she did, she might have realized that her twin fell down along the way. Was she even with them when they escaped? She couldn't recall exactly. She can only pinpoint the moment when she realized they have lost her.

They were running for a while. The angry mob started to quiet down as they were farther away. She felt herself calm down so she turned back to ask Carlie how she was doing, only to realize she wasn’t there. At first she didn't even grasp the fact that she wasn't there. Just stared at the large back of the wolf where her sister was supposed to be.

“Jacob, STOP!” She screamed when it fell.

Jacob didn't plan on stopping. He didn't realize that something was wrong so he wanted to get back to safety as fast as he could. Renesmee was terrified. They can't go back without Carlie. She grabbed the fur thightly and pushed into the large boy’s mind that HER SISTER WASN'T WITH THEM.

He halted so suddenly that she almost fell over from where she sat. Jacob turned back with wide eyes. Wasn't Carlie with them? How? And when he finally understood that no she wasn't his eyes showed much more terror than Renesmee ever could.

“We have to find her! Quickly Jake!” Renesmee urged him up from his shock.

Suddenly they heard gunshots echoing amongst the trees. The villagers were shooting? To what? And then the next thought came. Please tell me they aren’t shooting for Carlie.

“We got to find her! Jake! We got to find her!!” Renesmee was panicking.

Jacob was too. He was thrown between two options. A: he would take Renesmee back home safely and he would pray that her sister won’t get hurt until he gets reinforcement. Or B: He and Ren go back now and search for her while the trails are still fresh. Only that the villagers were still out there and he didn't really like the idea to bring his imprint back to danger.

Unfortunately he didn't have much say in that matter. Ren was beyond determined. She pressed into his mind again and again to find her sister before she got hurt. Her will forced him like a chokehold and without his better judgment they went back where they escaped from. He had left that much of his soul to try to avoid the hunters with mediocer success.

Where would they search for Carlie? She is a clever girl, so she must be hiding somewhere. But where? Under the bushes? In a hole at the tree’s roots? On the trees? She could be anywhere, they noticed.