Because She Had To Know

After Senna served us with her collected fruits, the adults decided to take a walk around the jungle. The expedition team really needed a good hunt. They skipped the scheduled weekly meal because they wanted to get back with the hybrids as soon as possible. Jasper had dangerously black eyes when they arrived. It didn't suit him as it made his features much more animalistic as they should be. And even alarming was the fact that he considered taking a sip from Jacob. He almost slapped himself in the face when he noticed that train of thought. It was a clear sign of a need to hunt. So the vampires went. Until they were gone we were left alone with our guests and Jacob.

I used out my time and in this couple of hours I led them into the mysterious world of UNO. I never considered it as a difficult game, but Nahuel and Jennifer had a harder time picking up all the rules than I expected. Nonetheless after the third round they got a hang of it.

"UNO!" Jennifer shouted and put down a yellow number 3 card. She had left only one card in her hands. She smiled victoriously as she was about to leave first from the game.

"Not so fast." I smiled viciously and I played out a Yellow +2 card.

"Ah! Why do you hate me?" She sighted, devastated. That was my second time that I prevented her from winning.

"Hihihihi." I giggled evilly. She never had a chance in the first place.

"Don't let her fool you. She is cheating." Jacob told her. He and Renesmee wisely choose not to join the game. They were just watching the show.

"How can someone cheat in a game like this?" Nahuel asked him while he tried to organize his umbrella-like deck. He just got to pick up plus 8 cards in the previous round.

"She can see what is in your hand from your thoughts. And what you are planning to do next." Renesmee commented.

"Ren! Don't tell them!" I scolded my sister. Why does she have to ruin my fun?

"She does what?" Jennifer freaked out.

"How is this possible?" Nahuel asked and he put down his cards.

"She inherited it from Edward. He is a mind reader and this ability passed on to Carlie." Jacob revealed.

"Of course. Why don't you tell them what color my socks are!" I yelled at him and dropped my cards.

"Blue." Renesmee blurted out.

"Thanks sis. That helped."I gave her a death stare. She didn't seem to care. She just smiled back at me innocently. Oh, so you enjoy messing with me? Careful sister...

"Edward is a telepath? I never noticed." Nahuel caressed his own chin while he tried to remember every conversation with our father.

"How did you miss that? That guy is unbearable." Jacob laughed. Renesmee hit him on the shoulder. He mocked our dad after all.

"You didn't meet with someone gifted before?" I asked them.

"It depends. What is a gift?" Jennifer asked.

"We call supernatural abilities as gifts. Like these." Renesmee told her and leaned closer to touch Jennifer's arm. She projected her memories about our stay at the Denalis. What Eleazar said about gifts. What was ours. What can Kate do, what Zafrina can, Alice's visions, Jasper's empathy. It was a great info rush. Jennifer got dizzy in it quickly. She pulled away like she got hit by lightning.

"What did you do to her?" Nahuel asked more hardly than he meant to.

"I just showed her the gifts. I didn't know she couldn't handle them." Renesmee muttered. Did she just hurt someone?