I Don't Feel Like A Guest

My already fast heartbeat hammered even faster. I couldn't calm it down no matter how hard I tried. I was crying uncontrollably when Jennifer and her supposedly sister reached a houseboat on the river. It was pretty far away from the village where we got attacked. I didn’t realize how far we got and to be honest I didn’t have the capacity for that. I just wanted to dig a hole and disappear in it.

“Serena, Jennifer. You are back early…” Another new woman’s voice came.

I only glanced at her. I didn’t care who else might be with me as long as no one would attempt to hurt me. She was shorter than Jennifer ,and as I got to know, Serena. Her skin was darker, just like Nahuels. And her eyes are much wilder brown than any of her sisters.

“What happened? Why did you bring her alone? ” She asked her sisters.

“The village raised against them. We found her and brought her safely.” Serena told her. “Get some warm blankets. She is shivering.” Then she commanded.

“Right away.” Jennifer hopped as Maysun didn't take up the order. Serena sat down with me and rubbed circles onto my back as a way to calm me down.

“Shhh baby. It is alright. You're with us now. It is alright now.” She whispered to me almost like a lullaby.

Jennifer came back shortly and I got wrapped into a blanket like an infant. I couldn’t be bothered by it. It was comforting in a way. It hid me from prying eyes. Perfectly what I needed.

“Father will be pleased.” The third woman murmured to Jennifer.

“Then you should call him Maysun.” Serena told her without missing a beat. The lady called Maysun just scoffed at her.

“I should find my parents too. They must be worried.” I started to come back to my senses and peeked out from my cocoon.

“You don’t have to worry about anything. We take care of it all.” Serena stroked my hair.

With a hum I leaned back to her embrace. I hope they will contact them quickly. I don’t want to imagine how panicked they would be when they see Jacob return with just Renesmee. I was sure Edward will be upset, but not as upset as Bella. She might break some things, or dash out immediately to find me. One of her precious babies disappeared. I hope they won’t cross paths with the village’s people. If they do, then the hunters would attack them and it would mean the village’s death, since it would be a vampire exposure. This whole thought process made me anxious, so I just closed my eyes and let the boat's slight rocking lead me into a deep sleep. Everything will be fine… It has to be…

It was pretty dark when I took the strength to wake up. I would have stayed asleep in my cocoon-like bed longer if I didn't hear a man’s voice from somewhere close to me. Is it Edward? Did they come for me? My eyes snapped open. I recognised with surprise that I was alone in a smaller bedroom. The voices came from outside. I tiptoed to the door what was slightly open.

“She was pretty upset but fell asleep later on. She is unharmed and healthy...” I heard Serena explain my situation.

I opened the door curious and excited. How was the Cullens here so fast? Of course they are the  Cullens. They would burn the whole world down if it means to protect the family. I walked outside expecting to jump into my father’s arms but to my utter disappointment he wasn't there.

“Sweetie you’re awake.” Serena cheered up when she saw me at the door.

“Is it just you?” I looked around hoping I might find the ones I really wanted to see.

I only saw a stranger man whose voice I mistaken. He was clearly a vampire with his marble like skin and sandy brown hair and vivid red eyes. He must be the hybrid’s father I figured. His complex was very similar to Jennifer’s.