From The Truck Into The Womb

I was walking to work. A soft jumper on me with headphones on my head. It was my routine outfit. My parents always warned me: don't listen to music while you are on the streets. You won't hear if something is wrong!
And I would always answer. I always hear everything. Don't be so dramatic.

Boy, I should have learned some respect. I only realized that something was off when the truck hit me. I got stuck under the wheels. I felt as they rolled on me knocking off the air from my lungs and breaking my bones. The whole experience was sickening.
Then I heard voices. Screams and wheel squeals. Someone called an ambulance, others tried to lay me in a stable position. It was all too late. I knew I was dying. My vision was blurry. My senses were slipping, and I was easily dived into darkness.

For a long time I didn't notice anything. I was just floating mindlessly. It was warm, almost comfortable. I thought: Is this death? Infinite calmness in darkness?

Then someone touched me. I wasn't alone. I wanted to turn to see him or her but i realized i cant turn freely. This thing in which we were was small. I tried to stretch out my hands to make some space when i heard a scream. The whole environment which we were in started to shift.
*Carefull! You hurt her.*
There was a voice in my head. Who was this? From where? Am I hurting someone? Who? How? Why?

Then the shifting stopped. My mate was grabbing my wrist. I touched her hand. It was like she was trying to calm me down so I wouldn't hurt her more than necessary. Her? Who?

We were like this for a while. Thinking about my strange situation with a rhythmic beating in the background. Like a heartbeat. How strange.

In my musings shreds of a conversation reached me.

"Did you speak?" A man spoke

"No. I didn't say anything." It was a woman's voice. It's like they are talking outside of our bubble?

"I heard something." The man said again. "It's like... It is the baby." he said in a surprised tone.
Baby? Where? I was so confused. I wanted to shift again but my mate holded me still.

"The baby?" the woman raised her voice. She sounded so weak. Is she sick? "Can you hear him?"

"Yes." he replied. "she loves your voice."

"Oh i love you too, my sweet baby!" The woman forced out weakly.

I listened more. Who are they talking to? Then the other one next to me moved her hand. Gently so it wouldn't do any harm.

"She loves you too." The man translated.

"Oh my sweet baby. I am really waiting to see you when you are born." The woman said.

Born? Who? When? This conversation was so familiar. I just couldn't remember where I heard it. It was a movie I think. Or a book? Or both? God I don't remember...

"So did you think about a name for the baby?" a new woman spoke. Her voice was more full and confident.

"I was thinking a bit actually." The weaker womanly voice said. "If it's a boy it could be EJ. Edward Jacob."

Now hold your horses... I know what it is...

"Well it is an interesting choice." another unknown man said. "And if its a girl?"

"I played with our mother's name." she said.

I swear if she continues the sentence as I think she will...

"Renesmee after Renee and Esme." She finished.

"I think it's beautiful." The first man spoke.

God nooo!!!! How? Why? It is from twilight. Who watches the movies in my strange heaven?

I didn't have the time to figure it out, because our whole world started to collapse. My mate grabbed my hand stronger. She was afraid she would lose me. I hold on to her tighter. We were together in death. I won't let her go.

There were shouting. She goes into labor! Call Carlisle!

The walls which were protecting us started to shrink. We had to get out or it will crash us. I kicked to make room when my feet broke something.

"Her spine." one of the men breathed shocked.

And it fell on me. I just broke Bella Swan's spine. I am in twilight. Just what the fuck?!

When i thought it can't get any wilder our home opened. White light came in and it took away my friend. She slipped from my hold. Just why?

"Renesmee." The first man said who appears to be Edward. His tone was happy.

"Let me...." Bella asked with her last breath.

Oh god this scene is already so hard to bear. The writer didn't left so much time for Bella to enjoy her moment. After a moment she see her child and then she basically dies. It is a messy body horror all over again.

I heard shoutings. Jacob take the baby! Edward yelled. Keep that thing away from me! Jacob yelled. Edward give me the baby! Rosalie returned. I knew how this scene plays out. I know it by heart.

Edward fought for his lovers life. Biting her and massaging his venom into her heart. I felt every pump as he worked and prayed. He prayed on to any god who is up in the sky and hears him. What a strange sight hear a vampire pray. And yet he did.

At this point I was giving up. I was left behind. I just listened as her heart slowly picked up the pace. She will survive. Edward seemed to notice this because he stopped pumping.

A burning started to spread. It attacked my stomach and spreaded forward. Of course we were still connected by the cord. I wanted to shrug it off. Turn away or do anything. It hurted, it hurted so much. A thin cry left me as i found my voice. I barely could breath it burned so much. I thought i will drown right here and there in firelike hell. I wished that our peace would last forever. It ended so soon.

And then ice cold arms grabbed me. It was so sudden. My lungs got free and I could let out my painful cries freely. I weeped without a break. It's all terrible. I died just to be imprisoned in someone's womb and then left to die again?!

"I am sorry. I am sorry" Edward echoed. He was rocking me. But I couldn't make out more. I was so overwhelmed. Getting born is not an easy task after all.