Do We Have To Go Home?

Renesmee's hand healed in two days. Miraculously not a single scar left, to our parents' relief. But she was not allowed to get close to any open fire closer than a few feet. My sister tried to reassure them that she won't do anything impulsive ever again, but she found deaf ears. The damage was already done and she had to face the consequences. She of course argued that I did some questionable things that could and did get me hurt and I didn't get scolded that badly. I was scolded more seriously than her, but she didn't know since this was her first crime. And for my defense I didn't purposely hurt myself. I was just at the wrong places at the wrong times. With that she had to accept that this time she was the bad child and not me.

Hulien and Nahuel said their goodbyes not long after Jennifer left us. Mainly to find their father and share a piece of his mind with him. Slowly it was time to we go home too. I was a bit disappointed. I enjoyed this side of the world. The sun was always brightly up, but the amount of trees and thick canopy protected us from it. The living world was ever so changing and varied. The smells were amazing. Forks seemed a barren desert by comparison.

It would be an understatement to say that I was packing my things half-heartedly. I didn't even join in really. I let the others do the work to slow down the process. Not like you could really slow down vampires in their way. The adults were fine to let me chill and Renesmee sulk in the corner. At least we were in sight this time.

"Ness. Do you want to see the jaguar cubs?" Jacob tried to please her after he failed to protect her from our parents' punishment. She didn't give any sign of interest.

"Jaguar cubs! Where?" I jumped at the news.

"Zafrina found them not so far from here. She wanted to bring them here as gifts, but we told her that it isn't a good idea to tear out wild animals from their environment." Bella told us between two folded shirts.

"Oh, but we can visit them, right? I won't hurt them. Just watching. No touching." I told our parents before they could voice his concerns. He sighed.

"You can't go alone."Edward then said the obvious.

"Jake could take us." I turned to him expectantly. He was the one who offered it after all.

"If you want to see them." He glanced at Renesmee who was silently watching an empty spot on the wall. He really wanted to improve her mood.

"Of course we want to." I jumped up and pulled up my sister to her feet against her protests. She may be able to ignore Jacob but not me.

"Fine. But I want you all back in a few hours. Jacob is the boss so behave well. And I don't want you to go too deep into the jungle." Bella stated her conditions.

"Okay." We agreed. Jacob and I enthusiastically and Renesmee reluctantly.

We went out of sight and then Jacob excused himself so he could phase into a wolf. Understandably he spared us from the whole stripping part. He came back with his clothes in his mouth. Renesmee took them without a word and crumpled them into her pink backpack. Then we hopped on his back and galloped into the wilderness. He stopped at a larger tree group. They were in a position where they hugged each other. Creeping plants were tangled on them tightly. They fully covered the trunks so only the various green was seen but the trunk's brown was hidden.

Jacob stopped and let us get down. Slowly he approached the roots. He stopped right before the trees and with his nose he pointed to a whole between the roots. Now Ren's interest seemed to come back alive as she cut in front of me to peek in. Inside we saw a nest like lair. There was a stale smell coming from inside. It was quite dark but we saw everything just fine. There were four jaguar small cubs inside. A few weeks old at maximum. Some of them were sleeping and some of them were meowing in a strange way. They were close to cats after all. I leaned in to poke one of them and feel their fluffy baby fur when Renesmee quickly grabbed my hand.