Story Time

After breakfast I spent my day exploring the isle. Truth be told Renesmee wanted to explore it, not me; she just dragged me along. Edward told her she had to wait for me to wake up before she could go off. Until then Jacob had to tie down her interest. All respect to this man. It was never an easy task. Even with all his efforts I couldn't finish my pancakes. Ren gave me five minutes and kidnapped me from my sweet delight.

We were walking around the house holding each other's hand. It was a costume that we had to learn when we went outside so we wouldn't lose each other. Technically the whole isle is ours so it is more like we were walking in our backyard rather than a city.

After a while the nature peaked my interest. In the books there was written that Isle Esme was small. So small that the house felt overly huge for the isle's size. Yet the isle had a thick jungle and rich living fauna? How is that possible? These to pieces never clicked until now.

The answer was more obvious than it seemed. Thickness does not equal largeness. This great green lushness layed out only a few feet land. It was so dense that even we who were toddler couldn't get in without breaking a few branches. The living environment were small animals. Birds mostly but we could find some squirrel and mouse too.

"What do you think? Can we ask grandma to build a treehouse for us?" I asked Renesmee while I observed the large trees before us.

"A treehouse? Here?" She asked back. I only nodded.

"Hmmm." She was thinking. "And it would be only ours! Noone could come up. Only you and me." She got excited from the idea.

"Not even Jake?" I asked smugly. I knew he was everywhere where Renesmee was. Today was a rare occurrence when he was so tired that he had to rest on the sofa and not follow us around. I can't understand how they are not bothered by their own puppy behavior. Oh wait. I lied. I know it perfectly well.

"No. It would be only ours. Just ours." She smiled at me brightly. Only ours she says...

She thought about the time when we had something that was only ours. It was when we were still in the womb and we had only Bella's heartbeat. She missed those times. When we were just there with only each other's company. Not like she didn't like the attention and our huge family. She adored them with all her heart. They always showed her something new and interesting. But we were never alone. Someone always was with us, and we always shared our space with someone else. Sometimes she wished we could just lie down in a magical bubble and lock out everything else.

I hugged her tightly. How could she be so lovely? Of course I find our family overwhelming but the fact that she does too... I kissed her on the cheek.

"Let's talk to dad." I encouraged her. The thought that this idea made me happy made her happy as well.

So with joined hands and huge smiles we walked back to the house. We were already planning our cozy heaven. We will plan our house for ourselves and no one have a word in it.

We explained our plan to our parents and not so surprisingly they were supportive. A main rule in their parenting was: let the children live out their creativity. So first thing to do we had to get permission from Esme. After a short phone call she of course gave the green light to our project. Only compromise was that she had to watch over our plans before the building starts for safety reasons. Fair point. We allowed it.

With that: paper and pencil in the hands we went back to our little forest brainstorming. We figured we could lay our house between three trees so this triangle form could give it a nice base. Renesmee sketched up some visual for how our creation would look like. It was a mix between childish lines and conscious decisions. The five adults watched in awe as we worked. It showed perfectly just how different a hybrid was from any human kid. While we had our child nature we made complex achievements like a fucking architecture planning. Of course I was cheating with my grown up mind but the fact that Renesmee could keep up with me was a wonder itself. Maybe Ren is a genius in disguise? I wouldn't be surprised...