Stage Fright

We practiced the song 5 times during soundcheck and I still wasn't ready. I felt sick to my stomach. My hands were beginning to sweat as I held the microphone I swayed back and forth listening to the crowd scream as they played

"Hey you okay" a soft voice behind me asked.

Moriah or poppy as everyone knows her.

"Yea- I'm good, I think just nervous is all"

"You'll be fine, I think it's great Noah wants you to sing with him, he's a great guy, you guys have an amazing friendship" she said as I was took back. Friendship? Does she not realize Noah and i are more than friends? What all as he told her about me? Once again my trust issues were beginning to come out. But before I could respond to her I heard the intro to Just Pretend play and clenched onto the microphone as I took a deep breath.

"I wanna introduce you guys to someone special, I know this song means a lot to most of you as well as our band but it also hits home with someone else, so please welcome our dear friend Sarah to the stage"

As I walked out onto the stage I kept my eyes on Noah. The guys were grinning from ear to ear and folio was making silly faces at me to calm my nerves. As I looked out into the crowd I could see the eye rolling from some girls up front and to my shock I saw chrissy and Derek. I couldn't believe it. How did they get here? And why were they here?

"GET IT GIRL" Chrissy screamed.

Noah sang the first verse, then we sang the chorus together, I began to sing the second verse and noah could tell I was nervous so he joined in to help me. As the song came to its end. The crowd actually liked it and i felt like i could breathe again. I held the microphone up to my chest and looked up towards the ceiling thinking of my father and knowing how proud he would be of me. Wishing he were here.

I thanked the crowd and ran back stage as the lights went out.

"I'm so proud of you babe, you did great" Noah said as he kissed my cheek as he ran back out to sing the last song. I ran to the bathroom to throw up. I washed my face and opened the door and-

"Sarah!" Chrissy screamed and pulled me into her. "I've missed you so much!"

"I've missed you too, but what are you doing here?"

"Noah flew us out here, he called me and told me you were going to be performing with him and he knew you'd want me here and you did so good! I am so proud of you!"

I could hear dethrone still playing and it took everything in me not to run back out on that stage and take Noah to the backroom. I couldn't believe he did this for me.

"How's things been going with you guys anyways" chrissy asked as we walked to the dressing room.

"Chris, i- I think I'm in love with him" her eyes grew wide.

"Really, awww Sarah that's great, but wait what's wrong why aren't you smiling"

I looked outside the door and saw poppy talking to one of the crew members. Causing Chrissy to look at her too.

"I think someone else likes him too chris"

"Okay so what if she does? Noah cares about you babe, and you know that, so don't worry about her"

"Chris I don't think she knows why I'm even here, she thinks Noah and I are just good friends, and I don't know how to approach Noah with this, I don't want to upset him"

"Well have you tried talking to him about it?"

"Yeah and he said she's just a coworker"

"There you go, nothing to worry about"

"Yes but her being on this tour has me feeling uneasy, you know how my past relationships were? Girl after girl. And have you seen Noah? It's normal for a woman to lust over him, besides look at her and look at me" chrissy raised her eyebrow at me.

"Yeah you're fucking beautiful so what?"

I just looked down at the floor and felt stupid. I should trust Noah. But my past just won't let me.

"Sarah, just talk to him about it when you two are alone, I'm sure it's nothing to worry abou-"

"Theres my girl" Noah said as he came running up to me.

"Chrissy, glad to see you made it, Where's your man?" Noah asked her as he put his arm around my waist pulling me into him.

"He's out there somewhere, who fucking cares" chrissy said rolling her eyes.

"Well let's all go out tonight, my treat, we have to celebrate Sarah's performance"

I was still uneasy but I just wanted to have a good time with Noah so I put on a happy face.