Amends

Everything was moving in slow motion. I couldn't help but notice how worn down Noah looked. As angry as I was at him, he was still breathtakingly beautiful, but he wasn't the same. As I watched him perform, chrissy stared at me painfully. It's as if she knew exactly what I was thinking. With each song, Noah's eyes wouldn't leave mine.

"This song is called Just Pretend, and it hits a little harder tonight, so I'm really gonna need your help with this one," he addressed the crowd.

Just hearing the intro to the song cut through me like a knife. I started to tear up as he sang. Each verse I had to blink away the tears. I tried my best not to look at him, but it was as if my eyes were glued to him.

"We'll try again, when we're not so different, we will make amends... till then I'll just pretend"

I had flashbacks of Noah and I at soundcheck. Us laughing together. Him kissing my cheek. This was all too much to handle.

"I can't do this" sobbing, i ran towards the main gate. Chrissy ran after me grabbing onto me as I fell to the ground.

"I'm so sorry sarah, come on let's go home" as she picked me up.

Right as we made it out of the festival, security approached me.

"Ma'am is your name Sarah"

"Yeah... why?"

"I was asked to escort you backstage,"

I took a step back as chrissy held onto me.

"For what?" Chrissy asked them.

"Ma'am I'm just doing my job, I was asked by one of the bands front man to escort her backstage"

Chrissy scoffed. "Let me guess, Bad Omens?"

"Uh- yes ma'am"

I guess Noah had pointed me out to them as I was leaving.

"She doesn't want to see hi-" chrissy tried to spit back, but I stopped her.

"I'll go,"

"What? Sarah, no, you don't owe him anything. You've been doing just fine. "

"No, chris, I haven't. I need closure. For once, I'm gonna do things the right way. I have to.. for me. " I looked at her as if I needed her approval for some reason. We hugged, and I looked back at her as I made my way back into the festival.

"Follow me ma'am," Security said as they walked me around to the back where all the tour busses were. The weight on my chest was heavy. I saw other members from other bands loading up their busses.

"Mr Sebastian, I found her," security said as I stood behind them.

And there he was. Just staring at me. Neither one of us could speak at first, and the security guard stood there awkwardly.

"Uh- thank you, sir, thank you so much," Noah finally said as security walked away.

"Hi," he said softly.

"H- hi," I said nervously.

"I'm sorry about security having to come and get you, but I jus-"

I held my hand up "Noah just stop it. What do you want?"

"I jus- i just figured if you came here to see me, you wanted to talk to me."

"I didn't come here to see you, I didn't even know you were playing, hell I didn't even know this was a music festival, chrissy got the tickets, telling me it was an art festival so I would come but even she didn't know you were playing and to our surprise... here you are, " I threw my hands up.

"Oh, well that - my apologies. I thought we coul-"

"Could what Noah? Talk? Be friends? Pretend like you didn't just walk out on me after I let my guard down for you and told you things that I'm ashamed of"

"Sarah, i tried to call you multiple times! I even told you how sorry I was in my letter, did you read it?"

I chuckled "oh I read it alright, I read it about 50 times before deciding to throw it in the trash."

He shook his head and looked down at the ground.

"Sarah, I am so sorry, I don't do this, I don- i never expected to fall fo -" he tried to say as he walked towards me.

I took a step back away from him slowly.

"You said you wouldn't leave, and you did... you know Noah, i don't blame you. People come and go, so why should you be any different and I'm sorry too. " he looked up at me, confused.

"I'm sorry I met you. You and I are two very different individuals, and I wish it wasn't so complicated... and I forgive you, so have fun on tour. "

I turned to walk away, but he grabbed my arm, spinning me around into his arms as he held me tight he kissed me. I tried to push him off, but i didn't want to fight it anymore. I felt myself collapse in his arms. I missed him. His touch. His kiss. His everything. The tears began to fall as he held onto my face. We broke from the kiss, and he put his forehead onto mine and said...

"Stay with me" As he rubbed my cheek.

I tried to pull back from him but he just tightened his grip.

"Noah I can't, I can't jus-"

"Come on baby just take a chance for once. On me. On us. Let me show you the world"

I stared blankly at him, trying to imagine what life would be like on tour, where we would end up, the fans and what would happen if they ever found out, my job, chrissy and most importantly my mother and my siblings. How can I just leave all of that behind?

"So what do you say" he asked as he lifted my chin up.

*I used the video above mostly because this is exactly how I pictured Noah when writing this part, so let's just pretend it's a festival 😅*