They always come back

A number I didn't recognize.

It can't be. No. Please no. Please don't let this be Nick. Anyone other than nick. An old fling maybe? As you can tell I don't keep their numbers. What's done is done in my eyes.

I stared at the phone not sure what to say. Corey is someone I met online and hooked up with countless times after my break up with nick. I really started to like him but he like many others discarded me and had other gfs. I never made the girlfriend cut though. I was simply just Sarah. A friend. A hookup. That's it. But I agreed to dinner with him. Once again letting my impulsive thoughts take over. I knew Noah and I didn't stand a chance. That ship would sail.

"Well guess I'm going to dinner with Corey"

"Ew sarah no, why" chrissy whines with the look of disgust.

She knew he was trouble and only wanted one thing. And deep down I knew it too. And as much as I hate to admit it. I craved that feeling of being wanted. And corey always gave that to me. Temporarily but corey and I always vibe well outside of sex. We like the same music, movies and have the same outlook on life. It was always fun to hangout with him but I knew it wouldn't last long. But each time I told myself

"Maybe this time will be different" I said out loud.

"Yeah sure he's just gonna fall in love this time, right sarah whatever do you" chrissy rolled her eyes clearly not happy with my decision. But she loves me and doesn't want me to be hurt. This is the part of me I've always hated. Vulnerability.

As I started getting ready for dinner with Corey. Noah was in the back of my mind the entire time. I hadn't heard from him and as much as I wanted to reach out to him I was letting it go. He had one more show to do before he was heading to Nashville. As I said I'd keep up with the band. For whatever reason.

I got to the restaurant and saw Corey waiting out front for me. I took a deep breath and got out of the car. As I approached him I was shocked that he hugged me. Not very corey like.

"Sarah you look so good, I feel like it's been forever since I seen you, how have you been"

"Good for the most part, I take it you're single now or you wouldn't have asked me out to dinner"

That's his thing. He gets a gf I'm a stranger. Once he's single, he reaches out to me. Same song and dance with him.

"Yeah well she was married and I had no idea and that's not my thing" as he said this he sounded uncomfortable. He never liked to talk about his feelings or his life in general with me. And I didn't mind after awhile. I got use to it.

We talked about work and movies at dinner. Typical conversation for us.

"Did you like the Bad Omens show last night"

I nearly choked on my water as he asked me that. Reliving the night and seeing Noahs face. And knowing he'd shit or not believe that I actually hungout with Noah earlier today.

"Yeah they are really good, I had a really good time, aside from being shoved to the ground"

"Shit that was you, I couldn't see I was in the back, I only saw you as you were walking out, well I'm going again tonight but my roommate had to back out because he's sick, would you like to come"

Oh god. No. No way. No freaking way. As much as I'd love to see the boys perform one last time before they continue their tour. How could I let Noah see me with another guy. And what would he think. Maybe I can go and just stand in the back where he can't see me. I really wanted to see him and if this was my last opportunity I was gonna take it.

"Sure I'd love to actually, I really enjoyed their performance"

"Sweet well it starts in an hour so we should probably head there now"

Before he could even finish I got up and headed for the door. Just to be able to see Noah again was all I needed.