Chapter Seventy: My Lord

Queen Victoria of Cambridge

July 15th, 1521

I stared at Charles for a moment waiting for him to say something.

"If you don't want to we won't. I know you still grieve Mary."

"It's not that. It's this game with us."

"Game?"

"You come to me when he hurts you. Then you end up hurting me."

"Charles-"

"I love you more than he can. But I know he would kill us both."

"Joanna of Castille comes next week. Catherines older sister."

He stared at me for a moment before letting out a soundless laugh.

"To whose chambers? Mine or yours?"

"Whichever is quicker."

He grasped my hand is his before practically dragging me. No one around us and for once i was grateful that Henry has everyone stay in the Great Hall.

When we approached Charles quarters I smiled thinking the last time we snuck away here was when Albert was most likely conviceved.

He pushed the door open before leading me inside. When he slammed the door shut he pulled a rope and a wooden plank fell down blocking the doors a bit.

"My own security."

Before I could respond he pushed me against the wall and attacked my neck in kisses.

"You drive me crazy woman. Everything about you drives me insane. It takes so much to not claim you in front of him sometimes." He growled and I let out a moan as I threw my head back.

"Charles."

I felt him against me and moaned again before he kissed my lips this time.

"See? See what you do to me?"

"You stopped coming to see me. How would I know I constantly did this to you?"

"Shut up Victoria." He hissed as he pulled away. He stared at my dress for a moment before spinning me around.

I hissed when I felt a cold blade against my corset.

"I cannot walk the corridors in a ruined dress."

"I had Morgana bring two here for just incase."

The dress fell from my shoulders and a breeze came onto my body.

"Beautiful. You are beautiful." He whispered before he turned me to face him.

"Here I am almost naked and you still have clothes on." I said with a laugh as he peppered my neck with kisses.

"Patience darling."

"I am the Queen. I do not need patience."

He pulled away for a moment and raised an eyebrow at me. He smirked before reaching down and unbuckling his belt.

From where I was standing I could see him. Truly see him. Fighting against the tiny fabric to free him.

With the belt off his pants fell to his knees and I nearly joined.

"Better?"

"Much."

Charles stared at me for a moment before he grabbed me by the throat and I moaned quickly. He pulled me into a kiss and squeezed tightly.