Chapter Fifty-Two: A Baby is Born

Queen Victoria of Cambridge

November 13th, 1519

I cried out in pain as another sharp pain came over me. 

Twenty-four hours. 

Exactly twenty-four hours since my water broke. The pain did not begin officially until the sun began to rise this morning. 

"Someone fetch the physician! I think she has to push!" Morgana yelled out as my mother stepped towards me with Francesa. 

"Oh, God!" I cried out as the pain came over again. 

"Respire ma respiration chérie." (Breath my darling breathe) My mother whispered as she dabbed the sweat off of my forehead. 

"Ça fait mal Maman ça fait mal!" (It hurts mama it hurts) 

I heard the door opened and when I opened my eyes I saw the physician standing in front of me. 

"Are we ready for this young baby to be born?" He asked with a smile before seeing me in pain. He checked under my dress and smiled. 

"I see a head. On my count, you must push." He instructed as he pushed my legs up and I gripped my mother's hand. 

"Breathe," Francesa said as she took over dabbing my forehead for my mother. 

When the physician told me to push I tucked my chin in and pushed as hard as I could. 

"Stop." 

I leaned against the pillows and tried my hardest to keep my eyes open. When he nodded for me to push again I pushed as hard as I could before the physician chuckled. 

"I see a head. A couple of more pushes!" 

"Oh, ferme la!" (Oh shut up!) My mother said as she helped me sit up and I pushed for the third time. I let out a scream and from outside I heard someone rushing to the door and then someone stopping them. 

"Henry is out there," Morgana said when I stopped pushing. 

"Two more pushes I believe." 

I sat up as far as I could and pushed as hard as I can let out a scream as the pain washed over me. I relaxed for a moment before pushing again. 

Soon a cry filled the air and I practically threw myself against the pillows. 

"You have done it, Your Majesty. You have given birth to a healthy baby boy." He said and I stared at the physician. 

"I have another son?" I whispered and he nodded as he took my son to the bowl of water and wiped him clean. He had a wetnurse wrap him in a white blanket before handing me my son. 

As I stared down at my son who had my hair and Henry's nose I could help but feel the tears flow. 

"I shall get Henry." Mother said as Morgana quickly rushed to fix my hair and Francesa cleaned my legs and cover me. As I held my son in my arms he stared up at me and I smiled. 

"Bonjour mon fils. Bienvenue Dans le monde." (Hello my son. Welcome to the world.) I whispered as I trailed his face with my finger as the door opened. I looked up at Henry and smiled. 

"We have another son?" He asked and I nodded as he stepped towards me. 

"Say hello to your son Henry," I whispered as I leaned up and lifted our son into his arms. 

I watched as Henry stare at our son before looking at me and grinning

"How have done it again." He whispered and I nodded as he walked over and sat beside me. 

"What shall we name him?" I asked as I fixed my son's blanket. 

"He shall be a Duke of York so he must have a worthy name," Henry said and I heard Morgana clear her throat. 

"May I offer the name Albert? It's a strong name in Scotland. It means noble and bright." She said and I smiled as I looked at Henry. 

"Albert. I like that." 

"As do I. How about Albert Henry Tudor?" Henry offered and I nodded. 

"Welcome little Albert," I whispered as Henry gave me our son back. 

"I have to make the announcement to the court and to the children. I promise I shall return right after." He promised and I smiled as I nodded my head. 

"Just as you did with Edward. Go, we shall be fine." I whispered before he leaned down and kissed my forehead. 

As he walked out of the room I looked to my mother and smile. 

"May I please have a hot bath? I feel so nasty." I commented and my mother chuckled softly. 

"Bien sur ma chérie. Je vais le préparer." (Of course my darling. I shall prepare it.) She announced as she walked out of my chamber and into my bathing chamber. 

I allowed Emilia to take the baby out of my hands as Francesa helped me out of the bed and towards the bathing chamber. 

She helped me into the tub and I let out a sigh of relief before I felt the pain in between my legs. 

"Always the worst after having children." Lady Megan said as she gently poured water over my hair. 

"It lasts what feels like an eternity," I commented as my mother placed flowers in my bath. 

"Imagine when you have more children. It hurts more and more." 

We stood there in silence and I sighed softly. I have another son. Henry has his heir and spare. But I wonder when I would have my own daughter."