Chapter Forty-Six: She's Pregnant?

Queen Victoria of Cambridge

September 30th, 1519

I laughed as I saw Henri chase after Mary in the throne room. Once again Charles has summoned Henry and me so we may speak to him about his Mary.

I heard the door opened and I looked up to see Charles walking in. Much has changed about him since I gave him the order to give his wife a chance.

"Is everything alright Charles? This is the second time you have summoned us." Henry said as he held tightly onto Mary's hand.

"I thought you were bringing Aunt Mary with you?" Mary said as she kicked her foot forwards and backward earning me to smile.

"I bring news. Mary is resting. She has been ill for a little while." Charles said and Henry quickly turned to his best friend.

"Is she alright? Should I fetch the physician?" He asked but Charles shook his head and smiled as he fixed his cloak.

"Mary is with child. It is very early but it is confirmed that by early summer we shall have a child." He said and everything froze around me.

"She is pregnant?" Henry asked and I lowered my hand onto my stomach.

"Yes, the physician believes we conceived the night of the wedding." He explained and I cleared my throat earning the two of them to turn to me.

"That is wonderful Charles! She has been throwing up?"

"Constantly. It makes her very weak and tired that she is confined to her bed almost all day." He explained and I stood up and smiled.

"It is her first. It shall get better after the first one. I was very sad and tired during my pregnancy with Edward. With this little one, I have more energy." I explained as I stopped beside Mary and she wrapped her arms around my waist.

"If she conceived the night of the wedding she is nearly two months. That is early to announce." Henry said and Charles nodded his head.

"I know but your sister wants to announce right away." He stated and I nodded as I fixed Mary's headpiece.

"Henry was the same when I was pregnant with Edward. It is normal Charles. Congratulations on your first child."

Charles turned his head to me and I saw the sadness in his eyes before he bowed his head.

"Thank you, Your Majesty." He said and I smiled before looking down at Mary.

"Ven pequeño. Tiempo para tus lecciones." (Come little one. Time for your lessons.) I whispered and Mary made a face before turning to her father.

"Can you walk me? You never do anymore." She said and I winced softly. Henry stared at his daughter for a moment before nodding.

"Of course I will. Those meetings cannot continue until I arrive anyways." He offered before looking at me.

"I'll be fine. Take her to her lessons." I said and Henry leaned over and pressed a kiss to my lips before grabbing Mary's hand and leading her out the room.

As the doors closed I closed my eyes and inhaled softly before I felt Charles step closer to me.

"How could you be so happy?" He whispered and my eyes flashed open and I glared at him.

"A child is a blessing Charles!"

"Exactly! Our child is a blessing Vicky! Not the one I will share with Mary." He said as he stepped closer to me. I backed away from him and looked around to make sure no one was near us.

"Silence! Quelqu'un pourrait vous entendre!" (Hush! Someone could hear you!) I hissed and Charles let out a chuckle.

"Faites-les entendre! Tout le monde sait!" (Let them hear! Everyone knows!)

"Non, ils ont entendu des rumeurs! Je ne risquerai pas ma vie pour ça!" (No, they heard rumors. I will not risk my life for that!) I snapped back and Charles stared at me.

"It could be mine."

"I pray every day that it is not yours," I whispered as I felt the tears well up in my eyes. A knock came and soon the door opened revealing Morgana, Julian, and Emilia.

"Your Majesty, you told us to retrieve you at this time so you may relax," Emilia said and I nodded as I stepped away from Charles and quickly made my way over to them and out of the throne room.

"Are you alright?" Emilia whispered as they all rushed to keep up with me.

"Mary is pregnant," I whispered and Emilia stared at me for a moment before reaching for my hand. She held onto it tightly which caused me to stop and stare at her.

"Give us some distance," Emilia told Morgana and Julian and the two bowed their heads before stepping away. I sat on the edge and looked out the window into the courtyard.

"I should be happy. He will leave me alone now that Mary is with his child."

"So why are you sad Vicky?" Emilia asked as she sat beside me.

"I was meant to marry him. My father and Woodsley told me. We were to be engaged on my birthday but Henry saw me first." I explained and Emilia as she bowed her head.

"You are thinking of your life and how it would have been?"

"Yes. I love Henry and I love the children we share. But Henry has hurt me and I wonder if Charles would have hurt me as well." I stated and Emilia cleared her throat and looked out towards the courtyard.

"All men are the same at times. But Vicky I see how Charles looks at you and I also see how Henry looks at you. You have worked so hard to become Queen. I do not wish to see your head separated from your body." Emilia explained and I nodded.

"What would I do without you Emilia?"

"Soyez fou à coup sûr." (Be crazy for sure.)