Chapter Two: Welcoming Feast

Victoria of Cambridge

January 15th, 1518

I smiled as Papa rested the crown on my forehead and kissed my cheek.

"This was my mothers crown. Your mother did not like the rubies so I saved it for you." He explained and I smiled.

"Thank you, Papa. I truly love it." I said as I stood up and followed him out our quarters where mother was waiting for us. Papa offered her his arm and we began our journey to the dining hall.

Trumpets played as the doors opened as we walked inside. People bowed to us and I nodded at all of them before we stood in front of Henry and The Queen's throne. I stood on the left of my father before we all bowed.

"Everyone! Please help me welcome The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge along with their daughter Victoria." Henry called out and everyone cheered. I watched as Henry stepped down before offering his hand to me.

I watched my father for a moment before taking his hand and allowing him to lead me to my seat between him and The Queen.

"Your Majesty," I whispered as I stood in front of her and bowed low.

"Welcome to court, Your Highness." She said and I smiled before a person came over and pulled my seat out for me.

"Victoria, what languages do you speak?" The Queen said and I looked up and smiled.

"I have been taught French, Latin, Spanish, German, Dutch, and Swedish," I said and I watched as Henry's eyes widen.

"Your parents taught you all of that?" The Queen asked as I nodded.

"I still have private tutors. I want to learn all I can." I said and The Queen smiled.

"You will make a wonderful bride. Is Christopher still looking for a bride?" She asked and I watched as Henry's grip tighten on his goblet.

"No, he is not," Henry said and I looked towards my father who shook his head. I looked down at my rice, chicken, and a salad. I slipped my gloves off and placed them on my lap before I began eating.

"Your crown? Where did you get it from?" Henry asked and I smiled softly.

"It was my grandmothers. My father gave it to me right before we came here." I said with a slight smile as I reached up to touch my crown. I looked up to see a man bringing a blonde girl in front of us.

"Your Majesty, this is Thomas Boylen and his daughter Mary Boylen." A man said to the King and I turned and watched as he looked over Mary's body. I felt myself grow with anger before I turned and faced the Queen.

"I have no interest, Sir Thomas," Henry said and with a wave of his hands the two were taken away, I had a small smile on my face before I cleared my throat.

"How is your daughter?"

"Mary? From what her governess tells me she is excelling at her latin and Spanish tutors. I am going to see her tomorrow before I go into confinement." She said and I smiled as I looked down at her belly.

"I cannot wait for the day I become a mother," I said before our plates were taken away and the music began playing. I smiled as I watched my mother and father step onto the dance floor and my father spun her around.

"Would you like to dance Victoria?" Henry asked and I smiled as I turned and faced him. I smiled at him before I gave him my hand and he brought me onto the dance floor. We bowed to each other before I lifted my right hand up and we spun around each other.

We faced each other again before I lifted my left hand and we spun. The final time we faced each other I placed my hand on Henry's shoulder and he lifted me before we began moving around the dance floor.

I let out a laugh and held tightly onto Henry as he spun me.

"You are a fantastic dancer Victoria," Henry whispered as we wrapped arms and turned around each other.

"Praise shall go to my mother. She spent countless hours with my brothers and me." I said as we pulled apart and he wrapped his arms around me.

"Brothers? How many do you have?"

"Two, Jonathan and Liam. They are supposed to come back from a battle soon. Papa worries." I explained before the song ended and I stepped back and bowed before everyone clapped for us.

Henry gave me his arm again and I gladly took it before we walked back to the tables. The trumpets played and I saw the doors opened and a little girl with raven hair walked in with two females stepping behind her.

"Mary!" Queen Catherine cried out as she stood up and rushed over to her daughter. Henry stood up behind her and followed.

I felt a slight pain in my heart before I followed my parents lead as they stood up and the Queen introduced Mary to everyone.

"Mary, this is Victoria." The Queen said and I bowed before bending down in front of her.

"Hello Your Highness," I said and Mary giggled.

"I like your crown." She said and I smiled before I grabbed the tiara off my head and held it in front of her.

"Would you like to wear it?" I asked and I watched as her eyes grew wide before nodding. I stood up and placed the tiara on top of her head and watched as she squealed in delight.

"Mama, Papa! Look," Mary said as she turned and faced her parents.

"You look wonderful!" The Queen said before Mary handed me my crown back. I placed it on my head before bowing.

"Are you leaving?" Henry asked and I nodded.

"Yes, Your Majesty. I may be of age but lessons never stop." I said and he smiled at me.

"Wait one moment. I have a gift for you. Charles bring it in!" Henry called out and I turned and gasped when I saw a dog running towards me.

I bent down and scooped the dog into my arms and held it close to me

"It is a girl and her name is Dash," Henry said and I smiled.

"For me? Truly?" I asked and the King nodded.

"Welcome to Hampton Court, Vicky."