Chapter Forty-Seven: Edward's Birthday

Queen Victoria of Cambridge

October 1st, 1519

I stepped into Edward's nursery and smiled when I saw him fast asleep in his cradle. It shocked me that one year ago today I gave birth to the next Tudor King.

I bent over his bed and shook his shoulder softly and watched as his eyes fluttered before they opened.

"Hello, little one. Happy Birthday!" I said and Edward stared at me for a moment before grinning and showing me his few teeth that he did have.

He opened his arms for me and I scooped him into my arms and carried him to his bathing room. I sat him in the tub of water that was prepared and undressed him before bathing him softly.

"Happy Birthday Edward! You are one year old today!" I said as I washed the soap off his body and wrapped a towel around him.

"Birthday?"

"Yes! Today we celebrate you!" I said as I dried him off and dressed him to match my gold dress. As I brushed his hair the door opened and I looked up to see Henry standing there.

"Look at our son!" He said and I grinned as I lifted him up and Henry took him out of my arms. I stood up and placed my hand on my stomach.

"So what are we doing first?" I asked as we made our way into Edward's room. Standing there was Mary and Henri.

"We greet the people on the balcony first. Everyone wishes to see him." He said and I nodded as I picked Henri up and winced.

"Are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm just ready to give birth already," I confessed as we made our way out of Edward's room. Waiting for us were Charles, Emilia, Duchess Mary, Julian, Liam, Jonathan, and my parents.

"Now we go," I whispered as Henry led the way to the balcony. The guards opened the door and the five of us stepped out onto the balcony.

I raised my hand and waved softly before I looked down at Henri who was waving like a mad man.

I turned to Mary who held her head up straight and waved to the crowd. As Henry raised his hand and everyone fell silent.

"I thank you all for coming today! Today we celebrate my son, Prince Edward Jonathan Tudor's first birthday!" Henry began and I grinned as Henry turned to me.

"I also take this time to thank my wife, your queen, Queen Victoria. For giving me, my first healthy son!" He said as he turned to me. I stared at Henry for a moment and was shocked to see him bow his head to me.

As I turned back to the crowd I watched as they all bowed to me as well. I smiled softly and nodded at them.

"I thank you all for the gratitude you have showed me since I married your King. Today we celebrate my son. And soon we shall have him properly named the Prince of Wales and one day when he gets older have his installment." I began earning everyone to cheer.

"I ask just one thing of you. Hold onto your children and thank God every day for them." I said as I bowed my head to them all and turned to make my way back inside.

I placed Henri on the ground and soon he and Mary rushed off to play with Lady Byron. As Henry stepped inside with Edward and placed him on the ground I smiled as my father walked and stepped in front of him.

"Joyeux Anniversaire, petit Edward." (Happy Birthday, little Edward) Father said and my son bowed his head earning me to clap.

His head shot up and his eyes meant mine and I held my hand out for him.

"Viens. Marche avec Maman." (Come. Walk with mommy.) I said and Edward ran over to me and buried his face into my skirts. I laughed as I brushed his hair back before looking towards my mother.

"How does it feel to have a one-year-old?" Mother asked as she stepped towards me.

"I am very emotional if I must confess."

"I think that has to do with you having such little time for the next one," Liam said as he held onto Henri's hand and led them back over to us.

"That could be true," I said as Henry stepped towards me and wrapped his arm around me.

"Why don't you lead your family and the children to the banquet hall? The cake should be there waiting." He said and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Are you not joining us?" I asked as my mother ushered Edward towards her.

"I have to speak to Charles for a moment." He said and from the corner of my eye, I saw Charles freeze.

"Of course my dear," I said as I stood on my toes and kissed him on his cheek before leading everyone to the banquet hall to see how I put it all together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

King Henry Tudor

I watched as my very pregnant wife lead her family and my children to the banquet hall to make sure everything was alright. I smiled at them for a moment before turning to Charles.

"You will leave her alone," I said and Charles raised an eyebrow at me.

"I'm sorry?"

"I see how you look at her. She is my wife Charles."

"You don't act like she is your wife." He hissed and I stared at him.

"I know you were to marry her," I said and Charles nodded as he stood up straighter.

"You married her first, Your Majesty." He hissed and I stepped closer to him.

"I could have your head."

"She would hate you."

"Please, I say this as your friend Charles. I do not wish to lose her." I begged and Charles stared at me for a moment before stepping away.

"I believe you already di."

The Mistress of King Henry VIIIजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें