Chapter Sixty-One: Cautious

Queen Victoria of England

 March 22nd, 1512 

I walked beside Morgana and Emilia with Mary, Henri, and Edward running in front of us. In June will be Henry's 12th year of being King and he wanted a huge celebration. I had sent invites out to King Francis, Emperor Charles, and other monarchs to see if they would come or at least send gifts. 

"You look bigger Your Majesty? Surely it is just two?" Emilia said and I smiled as I wrapped my hands around my belly and grinned. 

"I feel just four feet and four hands. So yes. Just two." I said before I looked at my three children. 

Though Mary and Henri weren't biologically mine, if anything would happen to them, I do not know if I could ever forgive myself. 

Soon Mary would be the eldest sister to now five siblings. I prayed nightly I could at least give her one sister she could be close to. 

"Mary. Slow down." I called out as we neared a corridor a guard was in front of. 

"Excuse me. Why can we not pass through here?" I asked as I stepped forward and slightly pushed the children towards Morgana and Emilia. 

"Someone is very sick in this corridor, Your Majesty. His Majesty and the physician both stated to lock the person away so no one else could be infected." 

"Sick? How bad?" I asked as I tried to peak behind him. 

"A very bad fever. So far it takes them within a week." He whispered and I gasped before stepping back. 

"Keep your face covered with a cloth at all times near that room. Do I make myself clear?" 

"Yes, your majesty." He said as he bowed his head. 

"This way. Let us go check on Auntie Margaret." I offered as I picked Edward up and held Henri's hand as I led them away. 

As Mary led the way into Margarets living quarters the guards bowed to us as they opened the door. In the sitting room, Elizabeth sat by the small fire reading a book while Margaret stood by the window holding Alexandra. 

"Mary!" Elizabeth said with a smile as her cousin ran to her. 

"What a lovely surprise! What are you all doing here?" Margaret asked as she handing Alexandra over to the nursing maid. 

"Well I was tired of planning your brother's banquet and I thought to take the children for a walk," I said as I placed Edward on the floor and he went near Elizabeth. 

"You should keep the children inside. A sickness is spreading." Margaret said and I sighed as I stepped towards her. 

"I heard. They have an entire corridor closed off because one person is sick." I explained as I turned to the window and didn't see as many people outside. 

"One thing I did not miss in England. How quickly people get sick and how fast it spreads." I heard Margaret say and I nodded before turning to the children. 

"Emilia, please take all the children to the royal playroom," I ordered and Emilia nodded as she quickly got the children out of the room. 

"Have you heard from you sons?" 

"No, my spies saying James won't let anyone near him or Albert. Sickness is growing there as well." 

"Of course, it is. If rumors become true they will be crowning James any day now." I whispered and I watched tears build in her eyes. 

"I remember my coronation. James was so excited to have me crowned Queen consort. I could finally be his equal with that crown on my head." She whispered as she took her seat. 

"Men at times wish for us to be their equals. But once we start acting like there equal it's a problem," I confessed and Margaret yelled. 

"My James loved you. He said you reminded him of his Lady Mother. But truthfully you remind me of mine." 

"Queen Elizabeth of York. One of the most feared women ever." 

"Mother was strong. She taught us all to be strong as well." 

"Listen. With the celebration of your brother being on the throne for twelve years I wanted to do something to honor your parents. Both King Henry and Queen Elizabeth." 

"Really?" 

"Yes? Why is everyone so shocked with that?" I asked and she smiled. 

"Catherine hated our parents. Mostly because our mother was always skeptical about her. And my father just needed the Spanish alliance from her. She couldn't give a living heir to the throne." 

"She gave us Mary!" I hissed and Margret held her hands up. 

"I know. I love my niece. But when I gave birth to James and he lived Cathrine hated it. Our father traveled as fast as he could to Scotland to join our celebrations." 

"Ah. That is why." 

I sat beside her and held her hand. 

"You know your parents well being the second eldest. Help me honor their memory at your brother's banquet." 

"Of course! Oh, Henry will love this." 

"I hope he does. I pray he does."

A/N: A little short! But hopefully, I will be coming out with more chapters.