Chapter Twenty-Nine: Another Bastard

Queen Victoria

March 10th, 1519

Henry wanted to wait until next month to announce my pregnancy to court. I sat in the courtyard with the children and smiled as I watched Mary try to help Henri walk.

Edward sat peacefully in my lap as Morgana and Emilia sat beside us.

"Have you heard?" Emilia asked and I raised an eyebrow as I turned to her.

"Heard what Emilia?"

"Lady Anne Boylen has gone into labor this morning." She said and my head snapped to her.

"But that is too early," I whispered but Emilia shook her head.

"The physician who helped you gave birth said the babe is at the right stage to be born. Gossip around the court is that the babe is not Henry's." Emilia said and I sighed as I bounced Edward in my arms.

"I am telling you, girls, this because I know it will slip into court and the Boylen's will find out. I am with child again. Almost two months along." I said and Morgana grinned.

"That is wonderful news, Your Majesty!" She said and I bowed my head softly.

"Thank you, Ladies. I needed that because once this child is born I have to be a good wife and go meet the bastard." I said with a roll of my eyes.

I looked forward and saw Mary carrying Henri over to us and I shook my head.

"Mary! You should not carry Henri. He must learn to walk." I called out as Mary set him down in front of us.

"But he started crying."

"He knows how to fool you, darling. But he must learn how to walk." I said before I heard someone clear their throat and I turned to see Henry standing there.

"Your Majesty." Morgana and Emilia said as they quickly stood up and bowed to him.

"She gave birth already didn't she?" I asked as I stood up and lowered Edward into Emilia's arms.

"Yes, she has given birth to a girl." He said and I smirked softly.

"Hmm, you want me to go with you to meet the child don't you?"

"Please, Vicky. We received wonderful news earlier this month don't let this spoil it." He said and I stared at him for a moment before nodding.

"Alright, let us go meet the bastard," I said as I stepped in front of Henry and let Charles guide us the the Boylen's quarters.

The guards blew the trumpet before I heard them announce "King Henry VIII and Queen Victoria!"

I held onto Henry's arm as we stepped inside and I saw Sir Thomas Boylen, Lady Elizabeth Boylen, Sir George Boylen, Lady Mary Boylen, and Thomas Howard, Duke of Norfolk.

"Your Majesties." They all said as they bowed to us.

"I have heard she has given birth to a girl," Henry said and Norfolk nodded.

"She will do better next time, Your Majesty. I vow to you." He said and before Henry could say anything I stepped forward.

"There shall be no next time Duke. She has her bastard child now and soon shall be married off to a good Lord once she heals." I hissed and Norfolk stared at me.

"And what makes you think this is the last time?"

"Because I am with child again, of course. I have already given Henry a son. What is to say I won't do it again?"

I looked at Henry and saw him smirk before he led me into a room. I looked and saw Anne Boleyn holding a child wrapped in a cloth.

"I am sorry." She whispered but Henry shook his head.

"You have a daughter Lady Anne. Have you named her?" Henry asked and I watched as Anne's eyes filled with tears.

"Yes, with your permission I would like to name her Lady Isabella Rose Tudor," Anne said and Henry nodded.

"Lady Isabella Rose Boleyn." Henry corrected and I stepped towards the bed and stared at the babe.

"May I?" I asked and I saw Anne shake a bit.

"Please don't take her from me," Anne whispered as she handed me, Isabella.

"Bonjour petit. Bienvenue Dans le monde." (Hello little one. Welcome to the world.) I said before I lowered the baby back into her arms.

"I would like a word alone with Anne, Henry," I said and Henry nodded before he walked out of the room. Anne moved like she went to call out for him but stopped. I patted a small spot at the end of the bed before sitting down.

I stared at Anne for a moment before smiling.

"She is beautiful. I believe she'll have your eyes and Henry's hair. She'll be beauty and anyone would say so." I said and I watched as Anne glared at me.

"I have just given birth, please don't take her away."

"Oh I won't. We only took Henri from Lady Bessie because she was spreading lies. As long as your family, who I bet is listening on the other side of this door, don't begin to spread lies or try to get you to sleep with my husband you will keep your child." I said with a smile.

"I have already given Henry a son he has waited for. Ten long years he has waited for and now with this little one growing inside of me we could have a Duke of York or a Princess." I said as I placed a hand on my stomach and Anne's eyes widen.

"You see Anne. I have become a very powerful woman and it will take so much more than one whore to bring me down. I am the daughter of an intelligent Duke and I know my worth. I have the Pope on my side." I hissed as I stood up.

"Enjoy her now. When they begin to teeth though, hearing their cries breaks your heart. Edward just began teething and I was up all last night with him." I said as I walked towards the door and flung it opened to reveal her family standing there.

"Move. Now." I ordered and they all moved away as I walked out of the room and out of their quarters. Henry was waiting outside with a smile.

"Why wouldn't you hold her?" I asked and Henry raised an eyebrow.

"Because she is a bastard."

"Henri is a bastard. Is it just because he is a boy and Isabella is a girl?"

"Vicky! I don't even think that she is my child. Many of my men have seen her with Henry Percy and Henry Charles." He said as we began walking to his quarters.

"Until it is proven, which won't happen until she is much younger, you have to at least try to show interest. At least give Lady Boyeln a wetnurse." I said and Henry chuckled as he opened the door for me and we stepped inside.

"Of course dear."