Chapter Nineteen: King Henry VIII

King Henry VIII Tudor

October 1st, 1518

I stepped out of my office with Charles by my side as we walked towards the courtyard.

"Is it only Meg and Vicky there?"

"No, James has decided to accompany his wife," Charles said and I froze.

"So is Vicky alone?"

"No, Lord Julien and Lady Morgana are with her," Charles said and I rolled my eyes before I stopped when I saw Vicky.

Her stomach looked so swollen carrying my heir, but yet she looked so beautiful. She wore a pale blue gown and James helped her sit in a chair.

"Harry! Finally, you have joined us. Your wife has been lonely." Meg called out and I rolled my eyes as I stepped towards them.

"I hope Vicky has been beating you at Archery," I said as I stepped next to Vicky and she tensed under my touch.

"Oh, she has! Her parents have taught her well." James said with a soft laugh as he offered Vicky a glass of water.

"Thank you, James." She said as she looked towards me.

"Are you alright?" I asked as she nodded as she rubbed her belly.

"Yes, I am fine. Our child is moving around heavily inside." Vicky said with a laugh as a man stepped forward and gave Vicky a bowl of grapes.

"Oh, Henry this is my lead guard, Lord Julien. He was a gift from the King of Belgium." Vicky said and Lord Julien bowed lowly to me.

"Your Majesty," He said and I nodded before Meg offered the bow and arrows to Vicky.

She stood up and took the bow and lined up the arrow. She moved her arms into position before she released the arrow.

I held my breathe as I watched the arrow shot through the sky before landing on the bullseye.

Morgana, Meg, James, and Julien clapped for Vicky and I smirked.

"Wonderful job my love. One day you must teach me how you did that." I said and Vicky smirked softly before bowing her head.

"Of course, is this your way of saying I am better with a bow and arrow?" She asked as I smirked.

"Possibly, but I am better with a sword."

"For now." She said as James took the bow from her. I heard footsteps and I turned to see Anne walking towards me.

I watched as Vicky glared at me before she turned and began walking past the target and quickly Morgana and Julien followed her.

"Get rid of her now!" Meg hissed as she went to bring Vicky back.

"Henry! I have been looking for you everywhere." Anne said as she went to kiss me but I held my hand up.

"I told you not to bother me, Anne. I am spending time with my sister and wife." I stated and Anne glared at me.

"Your wife? But you visited my bed so long ago and I have missed you." Anne said and I gripped her arm earning her to whine.

"You will leave me alone! Now and forever. You come near me again and I will ban you like I banned your sister." I hissed and Anne glared at me.

"What if I told you I was with your child?"

I stopped for a moment before shoving her and earning her to fall to the ground.

"I would never recognize it as my own and I would give it away! Leave court! Now!" I ordered and she scrambled to her feet and rushed away.

"This is why we do not take whores in Scotland. It is too complicated." James said before I looked and saw Meg rushing towards me.

"What is it? What has happened?" I asked as I caught her in my arms.

"It is Victoria. Her water has broken." She said and I felt myself freeze.

"No, it is still early. She has not begun confinement." I rambled but Meg shook her head.

"Julien and Morgana have already taken her to her chambers. We must get the midwives and physician." Meg ordered and I stopped.

"Meg please, you have to help her," I whispered and Meg nodded.

"Of course I will help her. I know how much it hurts to lose a mother and to lose Katherine as well."

"I cannot lose Vicky."

Meg stared at me for a moment before shaking her head.

"Henry if you love her then prove it and stop taking whores. Because Vicky has the Pope on her side and she will use it against you." Meg said before she rushed past me.

"Your Majesty?"

"Prepare a nationwide prayer. Pray for Vicky and for a healthly child."