Chapter Thirteen: Seeing Catherine

Queen Victoria

August 4th, 1518

"Victoria, you do not have to go," Henry said but I shook my head as I fixed my hair.

"I must. She refuses to see her child Henry! Her only living one. We cannot keep making lies to tell Mary. I will speak to her." I said and Henry sighed.

"Are bringing Mary with you?" He asked as I nodded as I let Emilia place my blue tiara on me.

"Yes, I told her I will speak to her mother and she could see her," I said as I stood up and placed my hand on my stomach.

"Mary needs her mother, Henry. I can do so much but she misses her." I whispered and Henry nodded as he stepped closer to me.

"I believe you. She is at Kimbolton Castle. They know where to go." He said and I smiled softly before I kissed his cheek.

"Be good with Charles and try to convince him to sleep with his wife. He should really hear the rumors." I said before I picked up the end of my dress and made my way outside of the castle.

Mary was waiting in the carriage with lady Byran and I smiled as I stepped inside.

"Are you excited, Mary?" I asked as the door closed and we began our journey.

"Do I get to see momma?" She asked as Lady Byran fixed her headgear.

"I hope so. I am going to speak to your mother first and hopefully, then she will want to speak and see you." I explained and she smiled.

"I want to see her, Victoria. Why won't she see me?"

"I don't know honey. I will figure it out, don't worry." I said before a knock came to our door and Julien peaked his head in.

"We have arrived at Kimbolton Castle, Your Majesty." He said and I smiled.

"Good, I want to see Catherine. Mary will wait out her with Lady Byran until after I speak to her." I said and Julien nodded as he opened the door and helped me out.

"She is the drawing room, and she is waiting for you." He said and I stared at the castle for a moment before taking a deep breath.

"Let us see how this shall go," I whispered before the doors opened and the maids bowed to me.

"Welcome, Your Majesty. Catherine is in the drawing room." One said and I nodded as she led me inside the room. I saw Catherine sitting in a chair and I nodded my head.

"Your Highness," I said and she glared at me.

"The women who took my title. To what do I owe the pleasure?" She asked as she stood up.

"Catherine, I have come here on behalf of your daughter Mary. She would like to know why her mother has not invited her to see her." I said and Catherine laughed at me.

"You have sent my child away to Wales! That is why I have not sent for her. My only child who has survived this long ripped away from me!" She hissed and I stared at her.

"Catherine, you have been misinformed. Mary is at court with Henry and I. We are not planning on sending her away. Not for a while." I stated and Catherine stared at me.

"Mary is at court?"

"Yes, I had Henry bring her back from Hatfield House. I have been in charge of her day to day schedule ever since." I said before I looked at her.

"I even brought Mary here. I could not keep coming up with lies why her own mother wouldn't see her. Ever since Charles arrived yesterday the whispers have started." I said as I sat down and a maid walked in.

"Would you like tea, Your Majesty?" She asked and Catherine glared at the maid.

Ella no es tu Reina! ¡Soy tu Reina!" (She is not your Queen! I am your Queen!) Catherine said and I rolled my eyes as I rubbed my stomach.

"Enough Catherine. The pope declared your marriage to Henry invalid. The only reason Mary is a princess is that I fought for her! Not you." I said before the maid went to fetch the tea.

"I am still Queen in the eyes of my people."

"Not really. Your nephew Charles is a wonderful Emperor. He even told Henry he liked me and he should keep me around." I said with a smiled before the doors opened and Julien came in holding Mary.

"Momma!" Mary said as she leaped out of Julien's arms and ran to Catherine. Catherine dropped to her knees and held Mary close.

"Oh, my child! How I have missed you!" She said and I smiled as I stood up.

"Catherine, who told you Henry sent away Mary?" I asked and Catherine stared at me.

"No one told me. I just thought he did, he always planned on sending her away." She said and I glared at her.

"If he was to send her away he shall deal with me," I said before Mary turned to me.

"May I stay here for a while with momma?" She asked and I smiled as I bent down in front of her.

"We would have to ask your father. But for now, you can't my dove." I said and she nodded.

"I understand Vicky. I am just happy that you took me to see my momma." She said as she hugged me. Catherine stared at us for a moment before sighing.

"Do you love her?"

"As if she is my own," I said as I stared at Catherine.

"I have loved Henry since he saved me from marrying the french old king. He saved me from going back to Spain. And he just got rid of me." Catherine said and I shook my head.

"Henry did not rid you, Catherine. He fell out of love with you and you failed to give him a son. I fell for Henry and he fell for me." I said as I stood up and faced her.

"I have been declared Queen by the Pope. People see me as Queen while you are the Dowager Princess of Wales." I stated and I watched as a tear slipped from her eyes.

"He will tire of you, like all the rest." She said and Mary glared at her mother.

"Enough! Stop being mean to Vicky!" She cried out and Catherine stared at her.

"I am your mother! You shall not speak to me like that." Catherine said and I handed Mary to Julien.

"Take her back to the carriage and tell them we are leaving," I said and Julien nodded as he walked out. I turned to Catherine and I stared for a moment.

"If you ever speak to Mary like that again I will have your head." I hissed and Catherine laughed.

"¿Y qué poder Tiene una puta?" (And what power does a whore have?) She asked and I smirked.

"El poder del Papa." (The power of the Pope) I said before I turned and walked out of the castle and towards the carriage. Mary was sobbing in Lady Byran's chest and I pulled her towards me.

"Shh, it's alright. I got you."

Catherine of Aragon

Catherine of Aragon