"Who's doing what tonight?" Birdie asked as she touched up her makeup.

"Zoë asking Quinn to be her girlfriend tonight." I said putting my dress on.

It was light blue shirt dress. It was backless and had a deep v neck. I'm wearing a pair of black calf-high boots and a black jacket to match my shoes. I pinned my hair back into a slick back bun and wore gold jewellery. My makeup was light but I did pay close attention to my lips, lining them to perfection.

"Oh my gosh, that's exciting. What's it like dating older women?" Birdie asked curiously.

"Shit it's great. I mean the sex is overwhelmingly good." Zoë said and I just blushed at the thought of all the small moments I've had with Valentina. They've been everything and more.

"I don't know if I could do it. Date someone older I guess. Don't you guys feel immature or too much at times? Like you aren't enough for them?" She asked and Zoë and I looked at each other for a moment.

"Valentina has never made me feel like I'm not good enough or too much, like ever. It's hard to explain but it's like it's blissful, once you get past the stressful stuff." I said confidently

"Quinn's the same. I'm not that much younger than her. I don't know B, it's hard to explain. But like Letty said, the it's blissful once you pass the stressful stuff." Zoë said too.

"Jesus, they made you guys wise." Birdie said while me and Zoë chuckled.

We all finished getting ready. And soon we were out Zoë's door. Birdie said goodbye to us as she got into her uber to the party she was going to. Zoë and I waited a little longer because we were still five minutes early, we were going to Valentina's house first and then we'd leave from there.

Zoë went to the bathroom quickly and I ordered our uber, it was five minutes out when I got a call.

It was from an unknown number, but I still answered it. I could've been Colton and Kinsley calling from someone else phone.

"Hello?" I answered cautiously into the phone.

"Collette, hi sweetheart." It's him.

My heart dropped at the sound of the voice. I didn't want to hear it so soon. I couldn't.

"I'm sorry I'm calling so late but I got good news. I'll be home at the end of January." My father said and I remained silent.

"Hello are you there?" He asked as his voice remained calm but dropped a little.

"I'm here." I said flatly.

"Did you catch everything I said?" He asked softly.

"I did. That's good news then." I said. I didn't want to be rude or anything.

I don't want him homes life is good right now. What do I even do in this case? I can't just tell him not to come home, it's his house, even if my mom's name is all over it.

"Will you tell Kinsley for me? I tried to call Colton but it seems like I can't get a hold of him." He sighed.

"They're camping tonight. For her dance school." I said flatly.

"Oh, she dances?"

"Yes."

How does he not know what his own kid does? I understand he's been away for a long time but surely he remembers.

"Well, are you home alone?"he asked me

"No, I'm actually going out. I'll see you when you get back." I tried to end the conversation before Zoë came back out.