Chapter 12 - Panic Attack

Start from the beginning

Then again, they probably did tell him. Joong just never listens.

****

Where is he?

After bailing on Joong and leaving him in the hands of a confused Dunk, New ran as fast as he could back. He did make sure to tell the other omega about Joong's lacking sense of direction and asked him to ensure his junior got back home safely so he should be fine.

Except right now, New is the one getting lost. This part of campus was not familiar to him in the first place, and it also changed a lot in the past two years. New remembers going straight from the court and turning left. He should have reached a convenience store right now, but he had been walking for a while and there was still not a sign of one. He saw a small stationary shop, and a café, which was not there when he came. And the place is filled with that sickening and nauseous scent - the alphas.

Where is he? Shouldn't there be a map? A directory? He should turn back. Retrace his step.

Shit. He needs to calm down. They are looking at him. They know he is scared.

No, focus. They won't notice him. He is hiding his scent. They won't. They shouldn't.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Two alphas are coming towards him. Is his pheromone bursting out again? Like that night? Everyone else is also looking at him. This isn't happening again. Not again.

"New?" He hears his name being called by an unfamiliar voice. He doesn't know anybody from this part of campus. He needs to get away, fast. He needs to run. Why aren't his legs moving??!!

"New Thitipoom."

New flinches when he feels someone pats him on his shoulders and pushes the hand away, backing a few steps. "Hey, woah. It's just me. Sorry if I scared you."

Someone he knows?

"Tay Tawan. We met a week ago."

Te Tawan. He remembers the guy. The MVP.

Oh god, this is humiliating. The man he just met saw him having one of his panic attacks. Tay is probably judging him right now, making assumptions. They always do.

"You don't look too good. Do you wanna sit down?"

"I-I'm fine. Thanks. Mr. Tawan."

"You sure?" Tay is staring at him longer than he should, and New feels vulnerable. As if he is completely naked while fully clothed. He can feel all the other alpha's attention towards them both, staring, their eyes hungry for him, their hands just eager to touch.

"New Thitipoom?" New realizes he is starting to hallucinate and frowns. This is bad. He needs his medicine. He looks back at the taller man and Tay has a look of concern. New hates that look - the look of pity. The one the doctors and nurses had back at the hospital every time they saw him, every time he walked past them. "Hey. Look at me."

Look at me, pretty omega.

No.... No!!!

New feels a pair of hands on each side of his face, locking it in place. Panicked, he grips each hand, trying to pry them away.

"New Thitipoom! Breathe! In and out."

"Let me go!!"

"In and out. Breathe." Again, the voice breaks him away from his flashbacks and his eyes wander around him, noticing the look everyone is giving him. This is happening. "Hey, just focus on me. Here. Come on. Breathe."

It takes a while for New to readjust his breathing, all the while Tay guides him, distracting him from his surroundings. Once he is relaxed enough, the hands-on his face disappear. "I need to go back."