I had actually slept that night.

I was feeling better after a good night's sleep. I didn't know how long it had been since I had a dreamless night. My wounds had healed a lot, and I could move around less awkwardly. I sat back down on the bed, tired. If I went to sleep now, Tartarus would be waiting. I shuddered as I traced the still raw skin. I stood up at looked out to see Annabeth. She suddenly stopped and looked back, and I could see her gray eyes.

She didn't look so fierce.

I smiled at let the curtains fall. Maybe I would go and train. I had healed enough. I stepped outside and saw Annabeth's footsteps. I started to retrace them, stepping inside the shallow prints. When I stepped on the dirt, I turnes to the arena. Nobody was there, because it was early in the morning. I set up some dummies and tried a few manuvers, cutting them in half or disarming them. l looked at the mechanical ones in the corner. I had brougt a few to train if I had time. It wouldn't hurt to use them. I put then to the highest level and stepped back and took a deep breath. The aching in my body turned numb and into pure pleaure as I trained. I couldn't think of anything, nor could I feel. The robots were hard opponents, because they could read manuvers as good as- or better than any soldier. It felt good to move around. I finally lopped the head off and paused, only to stagger off to the bench. I wiped my brow and sighed, putting my head in my hands. Sweat dripped off my face. It was getting hot. Annabeth's birthday was the 12th . What would I get for her birthday? I pushed the thought aside and looked at the clock. It was too late for breakfast, and I wasn't hungry anyway. I streched and stood up as a few campers came in. After cleaning up the mess I made, I left the arena to wander back to the infirmary. I had a few clothes in my room there. I needed take them out. Reviewing the things I needed to do in my head, I stepped inside the room and started tossing my clothes in a bag. I spotted something on the dresser. It was like a normal thermometer, but there was a note written beside it, that explained the paper.

I should ask Victor to not write in cursive. I thought, squinting at the letters.

Green: Good
Yellow: Get some rest
Red: Come to me if you can

I cocked my head to the side. Huh. I shrugged and tried putting it on my head. It beeped and showed a bar and it showed that my level was green. I set it aside and tossed it in my bag along with my clothes. Zipping the zipper, I bent over. Pain shot through me like a hot iron. I must have jarred my rib or so. It throbbed as I stood. I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

Stupid. I scolded. Stupid Omega.

I grabbed the bag and went to my cabin and tossed the bag on my bed. Maybe I would go back to the arena. It was boring here. I went out of my cabin to the arena to see there were a few campers along with a morning class Annabeth was teaching. She was grouping them up. I tapped her on the shoulder, and she greeted me with a smile.
"Hey."
"Teaching? Must be tiring."
"Don't worry, I slept in."
I smiled. "Okay."
I set up a few dummies and set two to medium. My body went on autopilot, slashing, hacking, and dodging. I didn't look at anything but their shoulders and swords.

Duck. Legs. Chest. One step back. Head. Block.

The words kept murmering in my head until they were a mix of jumbled humming. For a moment, my vision blurred, and I stumbled. One grazed my shirt, leaving a small cut. Confused for a moment, l made both explode. I stepped back, staring at the shattered remains.
"Omega?"
I tried to speak, but I was so out of breath. I usually wasn't. It felt odd, being so out of breath. I finally caught my breath, and swallowed.
"Yeah?"
"It's been nearly a hour." Annabeth said worriedly. "Class ended."
I looked at the clock. "Oh." All the campers were gone.
"Is it okay for you to train like this?"
"I'm fine." I said, standing up. "If it's okay, can you train with me?"
She looked at me skeptically. "You sure?"
I nodded, and she sighed, taking out her dagger.
"Go first."
She slashed at my stomach, and I avoided her knife. I tried an dismarming manuver, but it didn't work. I narroeed my eyes. It was hard to read her moves, she was skilled, skilled enough to make tricks so that I couldn't predict was she was going to move. But my eyes were sharper than her moves. Her dagger clattered to the floor, and she was pushed to the wall.
"I win."
"Well, you didn't have to-"