Chapter 34

Victor's POV

Omega was planning something.

I knew it.

After we got back to camp, I would usually see him around the borders, his hand close to the red spots. His wings had healed in a short time, and his back had healed to a layer of delicate pink skin. He still needed to put bandages ontop of it. I watched him wandering around around near the red borders. I went over to him. His eyes reflected the red, making his eyes glimmer. He yelped when he saw me. Startled, he smiled a little
"Gods Victor. You shouldn't sneak up on me like that."
I scowled. "I wasn't sneaking up on you."
He laughed and put his hand away, that was dangerously close to the borders.
"You deny everything."
I shrugged. "Are you okay?"
He grinned lopsidedly. "Feel like I'm being cut in half. Other than that, okay."
I sighed. "Whatever you're going to do, don't do it."
"I'm not going to do anything."

Lies.

I scowled. "Stop lying."
He glared at me, and I froze. "Stop bossing me around then. I would like to clean up what I spilled."
He walked away from the borders, to the beach. I didn't bother to follow him.

He wouldn't understand.

I turned to the cabins and walked off, not wanting to hear his lies.

~

"Victor?"
I turned to Will.
"Do you know where Omega is?"
I frowned. "No. Why?"
"I looked in his cabin, and he wasn't there. I asked Annabeth too."
I stood up, a bit anxious. "You looked around the beach."
Will nodded.
A cold feeling came over me.
"Hey. I'll go look for him."

I ran out the infirmary, to the beach. I went to his cabin, which was ajar. I peeked in and saw him hanging his cloak on the peg. HA! GOTCHA!
He looked at the door.
"Hey."
"Where were you?!"
He shrugged.
I sighed. "Don't go missing like that suddenly."
"It wasn't for long."
I rubbed my face. He obviously didn't want to talk with me.
"Fine." I went out of the cabin, and looked back once to see the door close in front of me.

~

Omega's POV

I thought he would notice.

I took a deep breath and sat down, trying to ignore the pain in my chest. The borders would get blue again, little by little if I did this everyday. My mind felt lighter as I did this. Ever since I came here, I had been experimenting slightly with the borders. It was possible to make the red go away- it was my blood anyway. But it took some energy to do it. I stood up and took the bottle full of white pills, thanking Victor silently for getting this. With a shaking hand, I let a cup fill with water and shook a few pills in my cupped hand. After swallowing the pills, I examined my hand, which had a burnlike rash. It stung, and was getting numb now. I bandaged my whole arm. I was getting used to the throbbing in my abdomen.

Lies.

Victor could read me like how he could read greek books. He knew I was lying, about 99% of all times. He knew me to well. Now I understood why I wanted to keep Victor away from myself, other than to keep him safe. It was too much pressure, trying to keep him naive to my pain. My human ties were stronger here. I was weaker, and more vunerable to pain. I shook my head.

I was okay.

All I needed to do was cleanse these borders.

~

"Omega?"

I looked towards Jason, who was grinning at me.

"Wanna play truth or dare?"

~

So I was here, in the Zeus cabin with the seven and the Chaos soldiers watching Annabeth dare Leo to ignite himself and dance on top of the Demeter cabin yelling lets party and team Leo really loud. I was in my unmasked form, and laughing along with the others.
"Katie would kill me!" Leo whined.
"Thats the point." Annabeth said.
I laughed at Leo, crossing my arms. "Just do it. Unless you want to lose 100 drachmas."
Grumbling, Leo stood up and ignited his nose.
"More!"
Leo ignited his whole body.
Smirking, I put a hand on his blazing shoulder.
"Since I'm nice, I'll teleport you there." He dissapeared, and we all ran out to watch the great sight.