Chapter 46

I love Nico.

HE'S SO CUTE!

Omega's POV

Annabeth stepped back.
"How-"
I grabbed her hand, but she looked away.
"I don't want you to be Percy. I just want you to be you."
"Me." I whispered. "You said you didn't like me."
"Exactly." she stepped away, slipping away from my grasp. "I don't want to like you. Percy is a different person." she stared at me with regarding eyes.

"Don't make me confused."

She started to leave, but I grabbed her wrist. She tugged, trying to get away, but I held my grip.
"You can't just leave like that." I met her eyes. "You need to tell me what to do."
Her eyes hardened. "What do you want?!" she forcefully pulled out of my grip, and pain shot up my arm, making me grasp it. Shocked, I stood there. She glared at me with fierce eyes.

She looked like the old Annabeth.

It made me almost nostalgic for the times when we were young, going on dangerous quests. I looked down.

"I'm sorry Annabeth. I just-" I sighed. "Forget it." I stepped back. "If you don't like it, I don't mind if I don't have another chance."
I looked back up, but averted my gaze back to the sand that was illuminated by the moonlight.

"I always knew I never had and would get a chance. I was just being selfish. I get it."

"One last time."

She stepped up on her toes and kissed me on he cheek, her eyes closed. She left without a word, and hopelessness started sinking in.

You don't have a chance Perseus. Tartarus said inside of my head. You only have one path-

to fail.

~

Pain exploded from the cuts he made on my chest.

I let salty tears drip from my eyes, not caring about Tartarus. I was completely limp, leaving my body to him. We were in the farmilar red stained white room. It was blinding white, and contrasted with the red of my blood. Suddenly, the rags of my shirt were taken off, leaving my chest bare. Robes were draped over my shoulders, and I screamed as they burned into my skin. The poison seeped into my wounds, making them even more excruciating.
"Centaur blood. Hard to earn- so we decided to use it wisely." Tartarus said.
I tried to rip the robes away, but it tore away my skin along with it, making it even worse.
"You will die like the hero you cherished- you will have worse luck than him. You will die in pain, like the great Heracles!"
Maybe I would get a constellation. And demigods will go up and say-

Atleast I don't have luck as bad as that guy. And comfort themselfs like I did with Heracles.

Ha. I beat ya Heracles. I had worse luck than you!

Yeah, cause thats a totally wonderful thing to brag about.

"Can you atleast make me a constellation?" I said, laughing.
He frowned. "You must of gone crazy. Kronos. Make him concentrate."
I gasped as a knife blade cut my back, and I could feel my soul, slipping away from my body. Everything became faint.
"Not like that." Tartarus snarled. Everything sharpened after a flash of red. A sickening crack came from my ribs, and pure agony shot through me like a hot iron. I groaned and Tartarus pushed me to the wall by my neck. Blood dripped down my chin, and I looked up at him half lidded eyes.
"Watch and learn son."
He punched my cheek, and I knew that a bruise would form in the morning.

Not the knife.

I let out a guttural scream as he stuck the knife at the wall, cutting a deep scar on the side of my head. Something sticky flowed past my ear, and I could see his smile.
"Kronos."
I was thrown to the floor, Kronos kicked me so hard, I knew I broke a few bones. It hurt so so so much. I couldn't explain it.
"Should I stop time my lord?"
"No. Waking up is the thing he dreads the most. But-" I could feel his smile.U "Do your best from now. He doesn't die easily." It sounded bad. He knew me too well.