Chapter 51

Omega's POV

I was standing here again.

Somewhere between life and death, with a Omega- proof wall in between. My soul was pulled the underworld like a magnet. The Omega proof wall shimmered and my arm went through. I felt a bit panicky and slid my arm back and tried to get away. But the futher I got, breathing got harder, and there was so much pain I lost my concentration and got pulled back by the magnet. I pulled back a little, just enough to put a few feet in between the wall. Suddenly, Tartarus appeared. He put a hand on the wall, and it thickened and condensed, making it stronger. He dissapeared, and I touched he wall. It was much more solid. I banged on it, and it shimmered, but became hard. I sighed and sat down in front of the wall.

"I told you." I muttered. "He wont let me die."

~

Annabeth's POV

Omega held out.

He was still alive the next day, though his state had become worse. He had woken up, but he needed crutches and got tired easily. The bandages under his T-shirt was unnerving. He had stitches on the side of his head. We had decided to go by plane. Omega didn't like it, but he agreed, because it was faster. Piper got all of us through and got tickets with her charmspeak, though she said she felt guilty. Thaila made her buy snacks though.

Omega fished out a blue jelly bean, which made me think of Percy. His crutches were next to him, and Victor was saying something beside him, but he nodded absentmindedly and ate blue jelly beans. I went over to his side and he handed me a green one. He popped another blue one in his mouth and leaned back, sighing.
"Annabeth." He handed me the bag of jelly beans. "Give this to Thaila."
I gave him one hard look, not knowing what he was planning, but he held my gaze. I recently went over to Thaila and sat next to her. She got a handful of jellybeans and ate them in one gulp. I didn't take my eyes off of him. He stood up and limped to Victor, and asked him something. Victor handed him something from his bag, and Omega got his crutches after slipping whatever he got into his pocket. I frowned and stood up.
"Annie?"
Ignoring Thaila, I went to Victor.
"Where's he going?"
"Bathroom."
"What did you give him?"
"Bandages. He needs to change them."
I felt somewhat suspicious.
"I'll go use the bathroom too."
His eyes flickered. "Okay."
I walked normally until he couldn't see me, and I ran. I spotted him at a water fountain. There was nobody around, and he ripped open a packet and he swallowed the contains with water. He grasped the sides of the water fountain and took a shuddery breath. He started to cough like a asthmatic patient. He held a tissue to his mouth, and it stained red. Blood dripped onto the floor, under his robes. The scars had bled through the bandages. He sat down on a nearby chair, and put his arms around his chest, taking deep breaths. He closed his eyes, and I didn't need to see more to see that he was in pain. I saw him stand up, and I hurried away to where the others were. Omega came nearly right after me. He seemed perfectly fine, but I knew better. Victor gave him a look that I knew as are you okay. Omega ignored it and went along with the others. I walked fast to catch up with the others, and I got pushed by some other people. My bad arm was jolted and someone passed by my calf hard, where I had been stabbed. A arm wrapped around my shoulder, one that wasn't hostile. I looked up in suprise to see Omega, who was smiling down at me.
And his eyes- they didn't show pain, sorrow, or anything like that.

Above all the shattered remains of his beautiful eyes, pure happiness shone through them.

And love.

~

Omega didn't go to sleep.

I nodded off quickly, but Omega had stayed awake. His grip on the armrests were tight. I put a hand on his, and he relaxed a bit. He smiled at me despite his state. I sighed and leaned back.
"Please don't hide feelings from me."
He didn't say anything for a while.