My Rollercoaster ~Mavis x Kenny~

You were on my mind at least nine tenths of yesterday
It seemed as if perhaps I'd gone insane
What is it about you that has commandeered my brain?
Maybe it's your awesome songs or maybe it's the way
When I look at your face I can tell that you're not going to be stopping soon or even slowing down
And if we keep up this pace pretty soon we'll know the name of every kid and every grown up booking house shows in their town

Mavis laid on top of the dusty orange van. "Are we gonna stay up here all night?" Kenny asked as he looked over at the brown haired girl beside him. She simply shrugged and continued to stare up at the stars. Kenny could only think about all the bad things that could happen as they laid a top the van. 'It could suddenly tip over and crush me. Some hunter could shoot way off course and kill me. A meteor could fall from the sky and kill me. The ceiling could cave in and the metal from the top could stab me. I could choke on my own spit and die. I cou-' "I love you Kenny." Mavis's sleep voice pulled him out of his thoughts as she cuddled closer to him. 'Fuck the chances.' 

And if home is really where the heart is
Then we're the smartest kids I know
Because wherever we are in this great big world
We'll never be more than a few hours from home...

And that's important because I need to travel
I've had this itchin in my shoes since I was just a little kid
And before I had a mini van I road the greyhound bus
My mom would say "i hope some day you get paid for being Kenny McCormick" 

Kenny gripped Mavis's hand and pulled her into the van. "Kenny did you pull me out of the cafeteria to have sex in the van?" She asked, Kenny holding him self above her his hands on either side of her head. "Yes." He said with a smile and kissed her softly. "Is that a problem?" He asked pulling away from her. Her fingers interlocked behind his neck and pulled him closer. "Did I say it was a problem?" 

And now I do and it's not much

But it's enough
I've got my scrabble game, food on my plate, good friends and family
And now there's you understanding why I do the things I do
Knowing that you do them too makes me really happy 

Kenny sat up on the stage. His guitar on his lap as he sang his heart out. Knowing she was in the crowd looking up at him with her brown eyes. They had been out of high school for 3 years and they still lived in the van. "Are you sure you don't want to get an apartment or something?" He would ask as they laid in the back of the van. "If I wanted an apartment I would have gone and gotten an apartment. But hey, I can't be tied down to one place." "Is being tied down to one person hard?" "Oh hell no." She said as she kissed him softly.

'cause I like going for hikes and riding bikes
And playing video games in the middle of the night
And I'll stay up late and I won't even care
That we're getting up early to go to the state fair
I'm gonna ride the biggest ride it'll be out of sight
Then I'll share an elephant ear with you if you'd like
Because we are alive so we've gotta live life
To the fullest you spin the bottle and I'll dim the lights
Four five six seven minutes in the closet 

"Okay we might need an apartment." Mavis said as Kenny crawled into the van. "Why?" He asked, sad they might have to get rid of the van. "I'm pregnant Kenny." She said looking straight into his blue eyes. "Wait are you serious?" "You really wanna wait 9 months to find out?" Kenny smiled widely and hugged her close to his chest. "We are gonna get the best apartment ever!" 

You were on my mind at least nine tenths of yesterday
It seemed as if perhaps I'd gone insane
What is it about you that has commandeered my brain?
Maybe it's your awesome songs or maybe it's the way
You go straight to the top you're not scared of getting squashed
You know just when to jump off
You're so brave
And then you run to the right it seems there's no hope in sight
And you drop down to the tube that takes you right to level eight 

Kenny rubbed Mavis's stomach as they looked around their apartment. "Well, it's not the best apartment ever. But it's ours and I'm excited." Kenny called out to find Mavis sitting on the couch that they had found in the alley. "Are we gonna have to stop getting furniture from alley ways when we have a kid?" The blonde man smiled as he sat next to his wife. The couple only having been married for two weeks. "Nope, we'll teach our child to scavenge like us." 

Life is a highway and I'm gonna ride it
Every day's a winding road yeah
My rollercoaster's got the biggest ups and downs
As long as it keeps goin' round it's unbelievable 

"Lily don't do that!" Kenny screeched as he scooped up his giggling two year old. "Come on. Mommy made lunch." He said as he held the tiny girl in his arms. "Lunch!" She cried and squirmed in her fathers arms. Trying to get away. Kenny simply smiled and set her on the floor. Allowing her to run off into the kitchen and attach herself onto her mothers leg. "Oh hello there." Mavis said as she scooped up the little girl. Kenny smiled as he looked at the two interacting. Knowing he had to leave in a couple of days to go on tour he sighed. "You sure you don't wanna come with me on tour? We're taking the van." "Naw, Lily doesn't need to be stuck in the van with three other smelly dudes."  "Whatever you say darling." 

Life is a highway and I'm gonna ride it
Every day's a winding road yeah
My rollercoaster's got the biggest ups and downs
As long as it keeps goin' round it's unbelievable