23

Luka

Friends?! Friends...

At that moment I was stunned, even with her in my arms I didn't know how to react. So I let her go.

"Right..." I cleared my throat. "C'mon, i'll show you around." I said, wanting to escape the tension built up in the room.

I took her to the back of the house, where there was a large library. "Damn..." I hear her say. "This is the library of someone who loves to read."

"Nah, This is the library of someone who liked to have many books, I never saw him hold one of them."

A confused expression crossed her face, so I explained. "From what he told me, he believed that books were a symbol of wealth. Some of the books here are more than 100 years old. Shit is expensive."

She lets a chuckle. "He was eccentric."

"He was." I smile a little, the memories flooding my head.

I feel her take my hand, caressing it but when I look at her, she is looking around the room. I feel a deep sense of comfort, in that moment I was able to feel what I didn't know I was missing.

What I felt... What I felt was not friendship. Friends?! The most cynical thing I've heard, how can she, being so beautiful, expect me to just stay friendly?

I wanted to devour her, to keep her only mine. I wanted to erase all traces of any touch other than mine, she made me selfish and now she expects us to be just friends? How can she?

God, I think this is my karma.

"This is not my favorite part of this house though." I said, because I desperately needed to let go of so many thoughts.

"Show me!" She smiled excitedly.

All mine.

With her hand still in mine, I led her toward the backyard. A massive expanse of land, a green lawn, and a beautiful, prominent tree. "This is where he taught me how to shoot."

"This is gorgeous." She said, taking it all in.

"I can't be your friend." I blurted out.

"Huh?" She looked confused.

"I'm not going to be your friend, Milan." I finally told her, getting closer to her.

"What, like you don't want to?"

I look at her for a moment, trying to figure out if she's playing with me or if she's really that clueless. "Are you serious?"

She frowns. "What?!"

"I want everything with you." I told her." And i'm going to make it clear to You, i'm not trying to be just a friend princesa."

She didn't say anything for a long moment, she avoided my gaze at all costs and I could see from her body language that she was nervous.

"You haven't even taken me on a date." She murmured.

"I'll take in as many dates as you want baby." I said hugging her waist. "Are You free next friday?" I said leaning in and kissing her neck.

She giggled before answering. "Yeah."

Now i just felt like smiling the whole day, now i know it, this is it, I was done for.