19

My body shook in the middle of the night due to another nightmare, the image of an eyeless face haunting me. 

Fear began to invade me, until a small sigh reminded me of the angel next to me.

It gave me some sense of comfort knowing that while I was having a nightmare there was someone by my side- no, not someone; she was by my side.

The sunlight was streaming through the window and that was what I needed to know that I had to go, no matter how comfortable I was, I can't imagine how her father would react if he knew that I was sleeping with her all night.

When I tried to get out of bed she hugged my body a little tighter. "Princess." I whispered to her. "I have to go..."

"Just a little bit more." She murmured and my heart tightened .

"Your parents will realize I'm here." I told her as gently as possible

"No they will not. Just stay one more hour." She told me, this time looking into my eyes.

And I found myself having trouble saying no; So without saying anything else I hugged her again and settled down to sleep next to her.

She tried to hide it, but I could see a little triumphant smile peaking. It made me want to kiss her so, so bad.

So much for being only about sex.

...

"I though you were dead, a whole two weeks and you couldn't answear your phone?" Says Tyler.

"I didn't think you were so needy." I joked

"Man... I was worried, you didn't seem to be there at all when I went to the hospital." He sighed. "And that hasn't changed much."

"I'm fine, don't worry. It was traumatic and it's going to take me a while to get over it but I will eventually." I told him.

Even when I desperately wanted to tell him all the shit I've been through since then, when I wanted to vent and ask him for help... I knew it was best not to.

Deep inside of me I wanted to scream, to ask for help; but If my father couldn't do it, what makes me believe that I could?

"Oh well, I missed you." He said, looking into my eyes and holding my shoulders.

I was about to respond when he interrupted. "No, don't talk you'll make it gay."

And I just burst out laughing.

"Thats homophobic." Said Ryan, who until now I realize was by my side.

"How are you doing?" Ryan asks me putting his arm around my shoulder.

"Good, now that you're here." I responded.

"Oh you did make it gay."

"Fuck you." I said getting out off his hold, he just laughed.

"Lets go to class"

In the midst of the chaos that my life was becoming, the most surreal thing was that I still had to go to class. I guess the sense of normality was necessary.

For now, math would be what kept me out of a mental breakdown.