18

I didn't know what they did to me or how they did it, I only know that I ended up in a dark forest, my body aching.

I wanted to scream but my throat hurt, my mouth was dry and there were a lot of mosquitoes.

With difficulty I got up from the place where they had thrown me, I checked my pockets and instead of my phone I had a damn knife.

"What the fuck."

I had no choice but to walk to get out of there. Damn, my body hurt, I was alone in the woods and I only had a knife in my pocket."Fuck!"

My concept of time was screwed, but I know I spent at least an hour walking before leaning against a tree, a tree I was sure I'd seen before.

I felt anger building in me the more I walked, I was incredibly frustrated and couldn't do shit.

I couldn't help it, broke down crying, I had never experienced so much shit in one day, all thanks to someone who was supposed to protect me. My chest burned with the frustration I felt and at that moment the knife in my pocket made sense.

How kind, they gave it to me so that I could finally have power over my life and I will use it when I decide to commit suicide.

My frustration subsided after a moment, I just felt the kind of numbness where you know your life is over, I was tempted to wait until morning to see if I could find a solution but what the hell could I do in these conditions? My arm was still in a cast, I couldn't walk properlly, I was thirsty, sore and fucking tired.

Maybe this is nightmare, maybe when I wake up I'm going to be in bed, I'm going to see Milan and I'm going to kiss her like I want to and fu-

A sound interrupted my thoughts, the sound of leaves and sticks breaking on the ground, there was someone or something else here.

I carefully stood up from where I was, trying not to make a sound, my sixth sense telling me that the person who was here was not here to help me.

"Come on, I know you're here little one." A man's voice said. Following that, a gun was being charged.

My hands were trembling, I tried to remain still behind the tree so the guy didn't see me but another voice said. "I think I know were he is"

My heart began to beat with adrenaline and it became physically impossible for me to stay behind the tree, so with all the strength that was still left in me I ran for my damn life.

"There he is!" They fucking laughed.

Bullets were being fired at me, but they soon realized that I was too far away for any to hit me accurately so they ran after me. My chest and feet were burning, I felt forced to run slower and to my damn luck they were already close to me.

They were two sons of bitches and one had a gun, I was alone with a knife but If I was going to go down I would do it fighting.

So with everything I still had in me, I lunged at the man carrying the gun when he wasn't expecting it and before he could even point the gun at me,  the I was holding came first in to his eye socked. Again and again.

I felt a weight on my back and an arm surround my neck, cutting off the air that reached my lungs. With growing desperation I began to send my knife backwards, trying to stab him in the face.

After a few failed attempts I felt the liberating resistance of the knife against the individual's skin, followed by a scream similar to that of his companion, But he didn't let me go until I pulled out the knife from what I presumed was his cheek.

His hands covered his face and I, blinded by rage, stabbed his neck; Blood began to gush out and a choking sound began to come out of his mouth until he finally fell face down on the dirt.

And that was when it finally dawned on me that his partner was lying on the ground too, without an eye.

The sight was so repulsive it made feel dizzy, I started seeing little black dots and although I tried to avoid it, the darkness took me again.

....

"Hey! Wake your ass up!" I heard followed by a cold stream of water.

I took a long breath when the water finally finished falling. "What the fuck?!" I said, my heart was beating fast.

"You should be dead." Said the man who put me in this situation. "But since you're not, I guess you deserve to know my name." He blew out his cigarette before telling me. "I'm Benjamin, your new boss."