22

"I still don't get it." He said, after the fifth times of me trying to explain the same math problem.

"Are you fucking with me?" I burst out, My tone lowered because I was aware that we were in the library.

I knew I shouldn't have said that, that my purpose as a tutor was to help others with difficulties learning certain topics; but being who he is and being who I am, I couldn't help but think he was fucking with me.

"What?" He asked. "I genuinely don't understand." He finished saying, leaning his body back into the chair completely.

"Funny you didn't have this problem with Tyler." I sight. " I'm going to call him, maybe he's better at explaining things this." I said getting up from the chair.

"No, come here." He grabbed my arm. "I'm sorry princesa, i'm just not in the right... Headspace."

"Then why did you came here? You could have skipped it, it wouldn't be the first time."

"I wanted to spend time with you." He said.

My heart skipped a beat. I didn't expect that, before I could stop myself, I was smiling like a fool.

So I covered my mouth with my hand and said. "Stop." Like a fool, how embarrasing.

He just chuckled. "You're adorable."

And just at that moment the closing of the library was announced and consequently the end of the tutoring.

"C'mon." He said grabbing my stuff and leading me to the entrance.

We were near his car and when I saw him put my things in the back I had to ask. "You gonna take me home?"

"No..?"

"Then why-"

"Just get in the car." He interrupted me, opening the passenger door.

That was rather aggressive. "Well, sorry for wanting to know where we're going before getting in a car with a man." I said, rolling my eyes.

"You know i'm not a psychopath." He said as I got into the car.

"I don't know you that well."

"You're about to."

....

Five minutes into the drive and he hasn't said anything, not a single word. Surprisingly, it didn't bother me, they were one of those silences in which you knew that enough had already been said.

Finally, we arrived in what seemed to be an open field, it was clear and the grass was up to my knees when I got out of the car.

"This is a great place to die." I said.

He lightly chuckled. "I'm not going to kill you princess." He grabbed my waist. "But i'm going to make you walk though."

He proceeded to grab my hand, turned around and started walking. "Were are we going?"

"My old house."

"How far is that?" I said, When I noticed that we were getting further away from the road.

"We're already in it actually." He said, his walking getting slower until finally coming to a stop.

In front of me, a small but ostentatious country house, had six large windows; three on each side of an elegant wooden door. Two columns that supported the roof of the porch and a swing that hung from it.

"This is beautiful." I said, admiring the surrounding flora. "you used to live here?"

"Kinda." He said.

"What do you mean?" I asked, because that "kinda" sounded suspicious.

"An old man used to live here who when I met him he was fifty years old, I was thirteen." He said, opening the door.
"When my mother was sick and spent most of her time in the hospital, I was constantly in this house with Mr. Dawson."

"How did you meet him?" I asked him looking around, observing the decoration that I could only describe as classic, all the wooden furniture and brown colors were the protagonists.

"He used to work for my dad, I'm not sure what he did, but I know he was very efficient." He explained, sitting on the couch. "And he... My dad would ask him to take car of me."

He laughed. "And he would bring me to his house and make me shoot beer cans in the back of this cabin; he said someone had to teach me how to be a real man."

"He died three months after my mother." His smile remaining. "On a day like this one."

my heart fell. "Thats why you were..."

"Distracted, yes."

"I am so sorry, if I had known-."

"No, no, don't apologize, I was just distracted and the memorias... I needed you to take me out of that." He got up from where he was sitting and grabbed me by the waist. "You have taken me out many times, I don't know how you do it."

His gaze was intense, so much so that I couldn't hold it and looked away saying. "It's okay to let yourself be carried away by memories, the difficult thing is to decide how far."

"It's always to far for me."

I hugged him."well i'm here, I can always take you out of it."

He responded to my hug by pulling me closer to his body and leaning his head toward my neck, my favorite type of hug. "Thanks for everything."

"Thats what friends are for." I said and I felt him tense. Oops.

...
Hi guys, This book is a draft, so every constructive criticism is valid and every correction 👄 jessicadacoolest, peace yall ✌🏿