14

Luka.

With an invasive musty smell and a persistent pain in my whole body, I woke up, strapped to a chair, in what appeared to be a cold basement with mold on the walls.

A disorienting headache made everything spin around me, my stomach turned at the sensation and I felt bile rush up my dry, sore throat.

I vomited in my lap, and despite the deep disgust I felt, I didn't have the strength to raise my head.

"Look what we have here. Daddy's son is finally resurrected." I heard a voice say.

Someone grabbed me by the jaw and that's when I realized the presence of the four men in front of me. My whole face hurts.

"You've been out for quite  some time, sleeping beauty." One of them said.

I try to speak and nothing comes out but damaged whimper from my sore throat. I tasted blood.

With an incredible amount of pain, I clear my throat before saying. "How long has it been?"

"A day and a half." The same one answers, who has a large tattoo covering his face. The others just leaned against the filthy wall watching me. Surely admiring the work they did.

"what the fuck do you want?" I asked frustrated.

The four of them let out mocking laughter. "Are you angry?"

And without thinking , I spit my blood on his shoes.

The laughter stopped, at least on his part, and a slap met my already sore face.

"You are in no position to allow yourself to be disrespectful." He told me leaning over to look at my face. "Just like your father."

"Lets see." He continued, standing up straight. "Your father started a business with our... Organization, the bastard borrowed a large amount of money that was supposed to 'pass' through his company to give us legal money and keep a percentage."

"Now, the idiot bit the hand that fed him and thought that snitching would save him..."

For some reason, I expected it and that's what annoys me the most. " I don't know where he is..." I said to him.

"Lucky for you, he is already here. It took a bloody day for her to get back home to his child. Can you believe it?" Yes.

"But he doesn't have the damn money... And sadly, I can't let you go without it." He took an exasperated breath before saying. "You will pay off your father's debt with a little... chore."

...

Hospitals have a particular smell that is difficult for me to describe; but very easy to recognize, I avoid it at all costs because the memories it brings me are not pleasant, nevertheless an inevitable wave of nostalgia invades me.

I can almost hear her voice.

"The doctor says you'll have to stay about two more days to monitor you." Said my father. I had never hated him like I do now.

Even though I wanted to ruin his fucking face, my body didn't have the strength to stand up. The only option I had was to look at him imagining the number of hits it would take me to kill him.