Chapter 4218

Duan Chaoge watched as Red Lotus Abbess walked away. After a moment of silence she left Red Feather House. She went to see Feng Wu. "Xiao Wu..." Duan Chaoge told Feng Wu about what had happened in Red Feather House and asked hesitantly, "Do you think I really forced Eldest Senior Sister to leave?"

"Of course not." Feng Wu was preparing for the competition the next day. Seeing Duan Chaoge, she stopped to listen to what she had to say. In the end, Feng Wu shook her head and said, "As far as I can see, your eldest senior sister has been planning to leave for a long time. She's just making a fuss."

"Really? It's not because of me?" Duan Chaoge was elated. 

Feng Wu nodded. "Of course it's not because of you. Someone like her has a plan all along. She won't give up her position as the Holy Lady of Red Feather House for such a trivial matter. She must have something better in mind."

"Who is it, then?" Duan Chaoge asked. 

Feng Wu shook her head. "I don't know yet, but she won't be able to hid for long. She'll show up soon. Let's just wait and see. I didn't expect your master to be so kind to her. I underestimated Red Lotus Abbess."

"My master is a very good master," Duan Chaoge said earnestly. 

Feng Wu tousled her hair. "I know. Your master is a very good master. I'll give her a hand when I have a chance."

"Yes." Duan Chaoge nodded earnestly. It seemed that Feng Wu would really do that. 

Feng Wu smiled bitterly. "You really trust me. I'm far weaker than her now. I can't help her."

"Xiao Wu will be the best anyway." Duan Chaoge was full of confidence. "By the way, the competition is tomorrow. Xiao Wu, how are your preparations going?" Duan Chaoge asked in a hurry. 

Feng Wu said, "As if you don't need to prepare at all. I'm not worried about myself. How are you doing?"

Duan Chaoge said, "Master said that I was lucky to make it into the top 100 this time. I don't think I'll make it into the top 50, but..."

"But what?"

Duan Chaoge hesitated. "But if Eldest sister leaves Red Feather House, and there aren't many good students in this generation, I'm afraid that Master will be embarrassed if I'm the only one in the top 100."

Feng Wu said, "It's not just a matter of embarrassment, but the status of Red Feather House will plummet because of this battle. After all, if only one disciple enters the top 100, they are not qualified to call themselves one of the top 10 sects."

"T-what should we do?" Duan Chaoge asked anxiously. 

Feng Wu said, "Then you have to work hard. The hope of Red Feather Mansion is all on you."

"But I...I..." Duan Chaoge knew very well what she was capable of. She was lucky enough to make it to the top 100, and there was no way she could make it to the top 50.

"Little Sister, you're here. Come back with me. Master is looking for you." A female disciple of Red Feather Mansion hurried over. She grabbed Duan Chaoge's hand when she saw her. 

"Master?" Duan Chaoge was surprised. 

"Come with me. There's no time to talk." Duan Chaoge was dragged away by her senior sister. She hadn't expected that her master would actually come up with a way to improve her cultivation level. 

"M-Master? How can I do that? I can't." Duan Chaoge was dumbfounded when she heard what her master had to say. "I can't do that. There has to be another way." Her master was going to teach her.