Chapter 4216

"There are a lot of candidates this year. Here's the list I got." Luo Zilin hurried to Feng Wu's side when he saw her. "Wait, why do you look so pale?" Luo Zilin looked at Feng Wu in bewilderment. 

Feng Wu told him the truth. "Someone tried to assassinate me on my way back from Red Temple."

Luo Zilin's face changed a little, and he asked anxiously, "Are you hurt?"

Feng Wu shook her head. "Don't worry. I'm fine. He didn't hurt me."

Luo Zilin was relieved. "I'm glad you're fine. But who was it? Why would they try to kill you at such a critical moment?"

Feng Wu shook her head. "The man in black was poisoned and turned into a puddle of blood. His clothes melted as well, but there's no trace left." What Feng Wu didn't tell Luo Zilin was that if someone hadn't secretly saved her, she would have been dead by now.

"There must be traces left behind. We have to investigate this." After that, Luo Zilin ran out and gave his men instructions. He then sent them to the alley Feng Wu had mentioned to check for traces.

"By the way, what's the list of candidates you mentioned?" Feng Wu looked at Luo Zilin in bewilderment. 

Luo Zilin nodded and handed Feng Wu a thick booklet. "There are 600 people participating in the Dragon Gate Banquet."

"600?" Feng Wu's eyes widened. "There are so man powerful candidates in the first year?"

Luo Zilin smiled and said, "As long as you are a Spiritual Emperor, you can participate. These youngsters have all fought their way here from various provinces. Each province will send a few people, and each clan will send a few people. Together, there are hundreds of people. However, only the top ten o the Dragon Gate Banquet will be rewarded, and it is extremely difficult to enter the top ten. The last year's winner was a Level 6 Spiritual Emperor."

Feng Wu thought to herself. 

As expected, Luo Zilin added, "There are too many good candidates this year, so I don't think a Level 6 Spiritual Emperor will be first. Xiao Wu, you have to work harder." 

Feng Wu nodded. She was determined to win, not only because of the Luo family's ranking, but also because of the broken star piece.

"As long as you're a Level 5 Spiritual Emperor, you can skip the first three rounds." Luo Zilin said excitedly, "I'm now a Level 5 Spiritual Emperor, so I can skip the test. Haha, come with me."

After going through the Luo Dragon Pool and Feng Wu's accelerated cultivation method, the four participants from the Luo family were all above the Level 5 Spiritual Emperor stage, so they were exempted from the first three rounds. After these three rounds, there were only a hundred people left. However, Feng Xun, Xuan Yi, Duan Chaoge, and Yu Mingye all had to fight in order to make it to the top 100. To Feng Wu's surprise, after three rounds, all four of them made it into the top 100.

"That's impossible. How did Duan Chaoge get in?"

"Given her strength, it's impossible..." 

Inside the Red Feather House, the strange sounds were very loud. A wry smile appeared on Chi Lian's face. Duan Chaoge was more talented than she had imagined, and she was very suitable for Red Feather House's cultivation method. Otherwise, she wouldn't have made such rapid progress. 

However... no matter how hard she tried to suppress it, the conflict between Ziyun and Duan Chaoge was getting worse by the day, and it was almost irreconcilable. 

"Are you sure you can't get along with her? You're all disciples of Red Feather House and you should work together. For the sake of Red Feather House..." 

However, before Chi Lian could finish, Holy Lady Ziyun said coldly, "Master, between me and her, who do you choose?"