Absent Father ~ WinterWidow

Age of Y/n: 14
Gender of Y/n: Female
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As I walk into the compound, I'm really excited. I got an A+ on my science test and can't wait to tell my dad. It takes a while but I found him, he's sat in the kitchen eating something. I don't know what, I don't really care but I'm really excited to show him. "Dad!" I say happily as I walk in. He doesn't turn, I guess he didn't hear me. I go closer and tap him on the shoulder. "Dad?" I ask. He pushes me away, "What Y/n! Can't you see I'm busy? Goodness sake. What is so important!" He demands to know. I look down, "Sorry...I just wanted to..-" I begin to tell him but he cuts me off. "Oh Y/n! I don't care. Go away for once." He tells me harshly. I tear up and run away upstairs.

As I'm running to my room, I bump into someone. "Hey kid, slow down!" She says chuckling a little. I stop and look at her, tears streaming down my face. "Y/n honey? What's wrong?" She asks me concerned. It's Natasha. She's always been there for me. Infact her and Bucky have been there for me for my whole life. I've always seen them as my parents. I sniffle, "I wanted to show dad what I got on my test.." I begin to tell her, "He told me he doesn't care and to go away.." I cry to her. She nods and gives me a hug before taking me to her room. Bucky is there, "Hey Kiddo. You okay?" He asks me.

Natasha says his name which brings his attention from me to her and his look just changes. He looks angry. Its kinda scary. "What did your dad do?" He asks me calmly. I go over with the paper in my hand, "Told me to go away when I tried to show him me test score. He said he didn't care.." I tell him, wiping my nose in my hoodie sleeve. He looks at me, "I know how hard you studied for it! What did you get?" He asks me softly, reaching over to the bedside table to grab a tissue for me. I take the tissue, "You really wanna know?" I ask him. Natasha goes and sits beside him. They smile and nods. I smile happily. "I got an A+!" I tell them showing the paper in my hand. They congratulate me and hug me. "Good job kiddo!" Natasha tells me softly.

After a while, I went back into my room and decided to watch some TV. I heard Natasha and Bucky go downstairs a few minutes ago, they were talking but I could make out what they were saying.

Natashas Point of View

After i heard what Steve said to his own daughter I was pissed. He's never there for her and she's constantly upset when it comes to him. She's always trying to prove herself to him but nothing ever works. He hasn't care. I understand when Y/ns mom left her on the doorstep with a note it caught Steve of gaurd, but he never took the responsibility and it only suits him. I took care of Y/n ever since she was given to Steve. I changed her diapers, I took her to daycare and school. She even came to me when she started her period. I'm pretty sure her dad doesn't even know anything about her, not matter how much she tries.

Y/n went back to her room about a half hour ago. I decided to talk to Buck and he agrees we need to say something to Steve..again. So, we've come down to the kitchen where Steve is. All the time. He's thrown his plate in the sink and not bothered to wash up. His behaviour is terrible.

"Steve, we need to talk." I tell him, the tone in my voice firm. He turns and smiles at us, "Hey guys!" He tells us. Bucky rolls his eyes, "We need to speak about y/n." He tells the Captain infront of us. Steve looks confused, "Who?" He asks us. My blood is boiling, "Your daughter y/n. Your kid." I tell him. He rolls his eyes, "What has she done now!?" He gets annoyed, slightly raising his voice. I look at him, "She's done nothing Rogers. It's you. What have you ever done for your daughter." I demand to know. He looks at me, standing from the stool. "I raised that kid. I didn't have to. I stepped up for her when her mom decided to leave her outside with a note." He raises his voice more.

I shake my head, "Steve. You haven't stepped up at all!" He shoves me back, pushing me to the floor causing me to land funny on my hand. Bucky then flips, he shoves Steve into counter. "You need to get off your ass and pay attention to your kid or when you need her, she won't be there." He tells him. Steve looks at him, "DONT YOU TELL ME HOW TO RAISE MY DAUGHTER." He shouts at Bucky. Bucky stare at him. "Your daughter. Your daughter? Okay then. Where the hell were you when she had chickenpox and would only eat mashed up carrots for a week? Or where were you when she graduated Elementary School or started High school? Who the hell painted her room blue, then pink then blue again!" He firmly tells Steve. Bucky is never one to shout..even when we argue he never shouts.

"You know what. Go ask her who she'd rather live with. I know your moving out next week." He tells Bucky. I stand up, holding my wrist. I turn around and see Y/n staring at us. She runs over. "Natasha! Are you okay!?" She asks me panicked. I nod, "How'd you like to come live with me and Bucky?" I ask her softly. She looks at me, then Buck, then Steve. "Come on kiddo. I'm your dad..you wouldn't leave me would you?" He asks her, realising she's actually considering it.

"When do I pack?" She looks back to me. "Y/N Y/M/N ROGERS. HOW DARE YOU!" Steve screams at her. She just looks at him. "No Dad..how dare you...how dare you lead me into thinking you were gonna be there. How dare you treat me like crap when I needed you most. How dare you put me down when I needed someone to be proud of me. Natasha and Bucky have always been there. No matter what. I'm going with them and I never want to see you again." She tells him.

I'm so proud of her for it.

My little hero.

Love you kid.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Not proof read