Young Avengers

Age of Y/n: 19
Gender of Y/n: Female
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Walking through the halls of the apartment complex, I find myself humming a song from a TV Show I've been watching. It's stupid really. "She puts the short in shorty." I mumble to myself. Good show though. I take my keys from my pocket and spin them round my finger. It doesn't take me long to get to my apartment. I stop spinning the keys and tale the right one, shoving it into the lock and turning it. I open the door and take the key out before stepping in and kicking it closed.

"Right, what food do I have in!" I demand to know even though I'm the only person in the apartment. I go to the fridge and open it to see left over Chinese which I'm pretty sure has been in there for about three days. Oh well. I grab it, closing the fridge afterwards and grabbing a fork form the draining board. It's dry, it's fine. I walk through to the lounge before stopping. Something isn't right. It feels off. I close my eyes and take a deep breath before hearing very close but quiet foot steps. I turn and throw my fork in the direction it came from.

"Owwwww!" I hear a females voice. "Kate, shut up!" Another voice says. "But she threw something at my face!!" Who I believe Kate is says. I step back, "Alexa, lights." I say which the AI does quickly. I see two women stood infront of me. A taller one, who is holding a fork, that must be Kate, and another girl. She seems younger. "Y/n Romanoff." The girl says. I look at her and pull a knife from my belt line, "Who are you." I demand to know. They look at me, "Um hi! I'm Kamala Khan! This is Kate Bishop. We are here to offer you a place on our team." Kamala tells me. I look them both up and down.

"Get out." I tell them. Kate, steps forward, "When Kamala came to me, I didn't trust it either. But you can trust us. We know everything about you, you have a unique ability to fight that we need. We are group. The Young Avengers." She tells me. I roll my eye, "I'm nineteen." I tell them. Kate chuckles, "I'm in my twenties. It's fine." She tells me. I loosen my grip around my knife and begin to play with it. "Tell me about this group."

After about an hour, I've learnt more about this group, Kamala and Kate. I shake my head, "Why me?" I ask them curious. Kamala looks at me, "Y/n, you are the daughter of Natasha Romanoff. If Fury hadn't told me to see Kate first, you would've been my first choice." She tells me. I look at her, "My mother died saving the Avengers. Saving the world. I will not do the same. Plus, I'm less powerful because of my prosthetic leg. I'd fuck up instantly." I tell them standing.

Before I realise it, I've got a fist flying towards me. I react as fast as I can, crouching down and kicking Kate in the legs knowing her down.