Little Secrets ~ Y/n x Barnes

Age: 26
Gender: Female
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Are you sure you don't want to tell you sister?" Bucky asks me softly, still trying to convice me that telling Maria about my pregnancy is a good idea. I look at him, "Telling Maria would make her worry about when I go on missions. I'm not ready to give that up yet Buck. She will make sure I don't do any missions." I say to the man who sit on the other end of the bed rubbing my feet. He looks at me, "She's gonna find out sooner or later anyway! You're bump is getting bigger and those hoodies and sweaters won't hide it forever." He tells me. I look down, placing my hand on the bump he's taking about. The super soldier is right. "I'm starving. This conversation is done." I tell him as I swing my legs over the bed and stand up leaving him in the bedroom.

As I make my way to the kitchen, I meet Natasha who is also going to make some food. "Hey Barnes!" She says to me, distracting me from my little day dream. "Hey Nat." I mumble. She nudges me in the arm, "What's up?" She asks, confused by my tone of voice. I look at her before looking back to the sweater that covers the bump enough for it not to be visible but not enough that it's not noticeable when doing tasks. "Nothing, just not feeling well." I tell her as we get to the kitchen. "You sure?" She asks me as she sit on a stool. I smile a little, "Me and Bucky are just having a little disagreement." I tell her as I grab some fruit from the fridge. She looks at me confused, "Oh. Okay. Maria is coming back soon by the way! She messaged me earlier."

I sigh, "Look, I'm gonna tell you this because Bucky says I should tell someone. But if you tell my sister, I will kill you." I tell her. She looks at me, slightly scared but nods. I look ay her, "I'm pregnant." I mumble, worried for her response. Her look at me changes from confused to glee. She smiles. "What!?" She shouts, standing from her seat and running around to me. I look at her a smile a little. "Omg! I'm gonna be an auntie??" She asks me tine calmer not to alert anyone. She hugs me, not realising how pregnant I actually am and feels the bump on her stomach. She backs up quickly and looks at my stomach. "Did I just feel a bump? Geez Y/n! How far along are you?" She asks me. I turn to the side but still look at her, "Five months?" I tell her lifting the baggy jumper over which shows the baby bump I've got. She smiles at me. "And you've only just told me. Bucky knows obviously," she stops, confused then continues, "Why don't you want Maria knowing?" She asks me softly.

I look at the floor, "She's very protective," I tell her releasing my jump allowing it to fall over the bump, "She will make sure I don't go on any missions."

After about an hour more of conversation, my sister walks in. Me and Natasha have been sat on the couch as my feet began to hurt a little. Natasha jumps up and rushes over to her wife. "Babe!" She might as well of screamed before quickly giving her a kiss. "Hey guys, I've missed you." She tells us before coming over to give me a hug. I smile a little before glancing at Nat. "I wouldn't do that! Y/n caught a really bad cold and has just gotten relief for the symptoms." Matasha tells her. Maria groans, "Fine. No hug until you're better." She tells me knowing how uncomfortable I can be when I'm actually sick. Faking a little cough, I look at Natasha and smile.

After catching up with Maria and a bunch of other things, I can finally go to bed. Not that I will sleep. Its really late, 22.45pm late. As Bucky sleeps beside me, I sit up in bed reading a book before hearing a knock at the door. I look up and mumble a small, 'mhm' signalling for them to come in. It's Maria, and luckily I'm wearing one of Buckys t-shirts which hides my bump incredibly well. "What's up Maria?" I asks softly as she comes over and sits on the end of the bed. She smiles, "Nothing, something doesn't feel right. Like your not telling me something." She tells me, her tone curious. She's always been good at telling if someone has a secret. She's also knows that when it comes to her, I can't keep any. So I try my best. I smile at her, "Like what?" I ask her, trying to act as normal as possible.

It's not normal though, because I can feel something. Something wrong. A fluttering feeling in my belly. I've been able to feel the baby move ever so slightly, but this is different. It hurts a little. I begin to feel a little panic. "I feel like your hiding something from me." She tells me. I smile a little, but eventually can't stop the panic sinking through and quickly turn to Bucky and push him awake a few times. He turns over and sits up, "What's up?" He asks me and he places a hand on my thigh. I tear up a little, "Something is wrong. It doesn't feel right babe." I tell him becoming really scared. Maria looks at us confused, "What's wrong?!" I look at her and finally give in, "Mari I'm pregnant." Bucky makes me look at him and take a deep breath. I follow along with his breathing. He nods a little, "Let's go to the hospital wing and get checked out. It's probably nothing." He smiles and tells me.

After a few hours, we found out what it was. He was right. Our baby was kicking, and still is. Bucky smiles at me, his hand on my belly to feel the kicks. I'm tired. Half asleep. He's on the bed with me and I'm falling asleep. I rest my head in his chest and falls asleep fully.