Episode 19

"Jenni!" Adie runs towards me with huge smile over her face. I also open up my arms with huge smile. 

"Got cha!" as she steps into my arms, I swiftly pick her up and give a small kiss on her cheek. 

"How was your day Adie?" I asked her with huge smile. She gives me a nod with her cute smile.

" It was good Jenni" she answered. 

"Glad to hear that sweetie" I added with wink. Before I put her down back, she carefully looks at me with soften eyes. 

"Did you cry Jenni?" she softly asked me. I don't have any idea how did she know that I had a massive cried before I pick her up. Even though I try to hide my red eyes, I freshen up my face at the University restroom.  

"Of course not. Why?" I swiftly rejected her statement by putting soft smile over my face. Without saying anything, she keep staring into my eyes with her doe eyes for a few more seconds. After that, she slowly gives me a nod and gives me a hug over my shoulder by hugging my neck. I also give her a tight hug by softly rubbing her back.

"I Love you Jenni" she softly mumbled and tighten her hug. As soon as she said, I also tighten my hug and sink my head into her small shoulder. She knows exactly what I need the most.

"I Love you too Adie" I also softly added by trying my best to control my crackling voice. While we both having our own moment, Miss Lily called out and walks towards us. 

"Jennifer!" she called out which made us to turn towards her in sync. 

"Yeah, Lily" I answered and carefully put Adie down from my pick up. I can clearly feel that she let out a small sigh of frustrating.

"Do you need something?" I asked while I was holding Adie's hand into my hand. 

"Well, it sound can be weird but" she paused and looks at me " If you don't mind can I request your for some help?" she asked. It makes me a little bit confuse but I swiftly answered by accepting her excuse. 

"Sure Lily, you can ask me" I softly asked.  

"Well, you know, this upcoming Saturday, our headmaster mentioned that she wants to organize a sport ceremony with our students. Apparently, one of her former students is now the managing director of some sort of sports institute," she said, pausing thoughtfully and tilting her head while I was listening her words carefully. 

"So, she wants to comes and makes some collaboration with their players and with our kids" she said. 

"I see..." I added and give her a nod in acknowledge. 

"To be honest, as you can see, most of the teachers here are too old to participate in the sport ceremony. That's why, if you don't mind, could you join us as a volunteer for just one day?" she asked, gesturing with her hands as she spoke. I swiftly look at down to the Adie who was already looking up to me with curious eyes before I make a response.

"Well, why not" I swiftly accept her excuse with smile. As soon as she heard my answer, her face expression lighten up in excitement. 

"Thank you Jennifer...you are really the best for me" she said with huge smile and suddenly gives me a tight hug which make me in small flinch. I also give her a small hug before we break our hug. 

"So, we will meet on Saturday" she gives me a nod with smile. I also give her agreement nod. Before she turns her heel back into the school as I give her agreement nod , I paused her again. Cause, I got a realization about my appointment with City, University of London.

"Wait Lily!" I called out to her name. She also turns towards me and looks at me. 

"I think I have an appointment with another one...I guess" her face turned into pale and old.